POSTED 15 JAN. 2021
Programmatic, Biddable, Paid Media & SEO • Permanent (Full Time)
PAID SOCIAL SENIOR PLANNER BUYER
We’re looking for a Senior Paid Social expert to help run some of the UK’s largest paid social automotive accounts on Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snap, LinkedIn, Pinterest and TikTok. This role is responsible for the operational delivery of the team’s outputs across social media advertising. The Senior Paid Social Planner Buyer will work as part of a client focused paid social team and will work closely with media owners, clients and third-party platforms for campaign planning, management, optimisation and reporting. Strategically, you will be responsible for responding to client briefs, delivering budget and performance forecasts, client/competitive/market insights, understanding analytics, producing testing matrices, innovation and development programmes.
Who does the role report into?
You will report into the Paid Social Associate Director.
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- You’ll work closely with senior internal and external stakeholders, providing you with a rounded view of how Social media works alongside other channels
- You’ll be at the forefront of activations using the latest paid social tools and tech partners to drive returns on client investment
- Accounts include some of world’s most famous car brands.
What are the measures of success?
- You are an established member of the wider Paid Social team and a Social expert within the Agency, sharing campaign success and insights
- You have grown your relationships with media owners, clients and internal planning teams
- You have developed your strategic and management skills as part of a team
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Established working relationships with key departments and stakeholders around the building to ensure a visible profile and to streamline and be a conduit for client communication
- Activated multiple campaigns across the client portfolio
- Developed an intimate knowledge across key platforms and tech
What will you need?
- To be passionate about all things social and digital
- Experience of having worked on an automotive client with a DR focus
- An appreciation of full-funnel paid social marketing, targeting and tech
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Planning, activation, and reporting experience across multiple channels and third party reporting platforms
- Management of and delegation to junior team members
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*