POSTED 18 FEB. 2021
Buying, Trading & Investment • Permanent (Full Time)
AV Senior Planner/Buyer
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
We are the only agency to simultaneously hold the title of Agency Network of the Year across all 5 of the industry’s biggest awards, whilst recently being named Campaign’s Media Agency of the Decade.
We are looking for a diligent senior planner/buyer with at least two years of TV buying experience and has knowledge across other AV channels such as Online Video, Addressable TV, OOH TV, Cinema and Radio, so they are equipped to work on some of the UK’s biggest and most forward-thinking advertisers – Tesco, CRUK and Indeed. There will also be opportunities to be involved in the planning across these channels.
Who does the role report into?
This role reports directly into the AV Manager on the account and to AV Associate Director, along with reporting into relevant Trading Heads regarding value management, quality and channel coordination.
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- MediaCom’s strength has always been our people. This team really reflects that. We’re a tight team working to deliver great data-led work to our clients
- A widely varied client base makes for a great place to grow your career as it gives everyone in the team a real breadth of experience
- An extremely supportive and encouraging leadership team that puts their team’s development first
What are the measures of success?
In three months, you would have:
Built a strong working relationship with the other AV Planning and Investment ADs and Directors within the group. This will be key – you will be pivotal in creating the right environment for all our planner-buyers to develop, grow and create great work
Built strong working relationships with all key stakeholders internally and externally – this includes key client contacts, Comms Planners and Investment Leads within our Business Unit
Gained a good understanding of the client businesses which you will oversee
Overseen the delivery of all AV plans and responses on time and without errors
Have a solid grasp of all the commercial aspects of your role (clients’ businesses and ours)
In six months, you would have:
Implemented a robust test and learn framework for relevant clients in the group to show how our AV planning and buying is pushing their businesses forward (beyond just media metrics)
Started to demonstrate to your clients an improvement in key business performance metrics
Be involved in the planning process and begin planning campaigns
In 12 months, you would have:
Delivered stable or improving client referral scores on all your client businesses
Nurtured a happy and motivated team of AV specialist who have a vision for how their careers can grow
Delivered demonstrable revenue growth within your group of clients
What will you need?
- Multi-media understanding and 360 AV knowledge (all channels)
- Knowledge of industry media planning tools (all media e.g. Techedge, BARB, Media Ocean, TGI, NRS, Comscore, Rajar, Postar)
- Implementational knowledge of multi media planning tools (TGI, Media Multiplier, Touchpoints)
- Pro-actively forge relationships with media owners
- Commercially aware
- Ability to extract and filter relevant insights / research to support planning decisions
- Ability to tell compelling implementation stories (with the aim to interweave roles, flighting, weights, formats of different media and how they interrelate)
- Strong personal relationships
- Ability to sell (consultative selling)
- Good communicator
- Genuine interest in industry research and new ways of working
- Strives to deliver award winning work and industry leading innovation
- Understanding of brands and ability to understand and execute strategy
- Good leadership skills and talent management
- Excellent presentation skills
- Positive drive for innovation
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*