POSTED 08 FEB. 2021
Buying, Trading & Investment • Permanent (Full Time)
MediaCom AV Investment Manager – PSA Groupe, Muller & Costa Coffee
Overview of the role
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world and are the only agency to simultaneously hold the title of Agency Network of the Year across all 5 of the industry’s biggest awards.
We are looking for a diligent manager with at least four years of TV buying experience and has knowledge across other AV channels such as Online Video, Addressable TV, OOH TV, Cinema and Radio, so they are equipped to work on some of the UK’s biggest and most forward-thinking advertisers.
Reporting of the role
This role reports directly into the AV Associate Director on the account and to the AV Investment Director, along with reporting into relevant Trading Heads regarding audit tracking, value management, quality and channel coordination.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Worked with the AV Associate Director on the account to put in place processes and streamlining ways of working.
- Start to build a strong relationship with the rest of the team in Comms Planning and Implementational Planning.
- Have confidence and clarity in communicating with the client team, media owners and client.
- Have a strong understanding of the clients you are working on and their approach to AV.
- Have regular contact with clients, keeping them up to date on all TV matters.
- Ensuring all buying is gold standard and all campaign objectives are met without error.
- Start to understand the client audit guarantees and how they are achieved.
- Monitoring the administration of the client’s account, ensuring all bookings and PO numbers are accurate and on the system.
In six months, you would have:
- Developed an efficient and effective way of working within the AV and Planning team to ensure campaigns are bought and managed in the most efficient and effective way possible.
- Developed a good grasp of the client’s account and how the various teams in the agency interact to produce best in class AV work.
- Have a good understanding of the audit deliverables and commercial aspects of the client’s account (their business and ours).
In 12 months, you would have:
- Fully understand and be proficient in delivering all pitch commitments to the client, as evaluated by the auditor.
- Know the client’s account from a buying perspective inside out.
- Have implemented systems and ways of working so your team are working like clockwork!
Responsibilities of the role:
The AV team is a team within a team. MediaCom has recently restructured into 7 Business Groups – and this role sits within the largest of these, Business Group 2 (internally known as Planes, Brains and Automobiles – due to Air France, Peugeot, and a preponderance of brains!)
You will work as part of a team of 17 AV specialists who plan and buy all AV campaigns for clients including Mars, Peugeot, Citroen, Vauxhall, Bayer, TUI, Muller, Costa Coffee, Duracell, Agents Mutual and Akzo Nobel. With some of the UK’s most challenging targets this team will need to be the best of the best – every member of the team will need to have a very strong understanding of how video works, be an innovator, and have a willingness to learn.
The AV Investment Manager will oversee and manage a team of buyers and executives and will ensure campaigns are delivered to the agreed criteria and in line with audit requirements. The Manager will monitor and push the development and quality of output from the Buyers and Executives, who they must inspire and challenge, ensuring they are motivated and given the right opportunities to develop their video and multimedia knowledge – understanding the role of all video channels, how they interlink and the role that they can play in a wider multimedia system.
The Manager will take part in the commercial exchange process and ensure the Comms Planning and Connect teams are aware of market moves and commercial opportunities. The Manager must have strong negotiation skills and be able to get involved and sort airtime issues for their team when required. The Manager must ensure plans are delivered accurately with upmost quality and be responsible for the team’s individual output.
What you will need:
- Solid TV buying experience
- Proficient knowledge of the UK TV marketplace, along with other AV media such as radio, cinema and VOD
- Attention to detail is key
- Organised and be able to prioritise tasks
- Drive and enthusiasm to work on huge clients
- Knowledge of industry media buying tools (all media e.g. BARB, Media Ocean, Caria, Prisma and Jet)
- Pro-actively forge relationships with media owners
- Commercially astute and excellent negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and good communicator
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Management of allocated accounts – ensuring that campaigns are delivered in line with objectives (strikeweights, value delivery and quality commitments)
- Management of value within the team
- Tracking and supplying audit data and liaising with auditors
- A senior channel co-ordination role – negotiating with saleshouses to get the best value delivery, quality and servicing in market for the Investment Broadcast team
- Overseeing the reconciliation of TV value positions across the group
- Supporting the team with solving financial issues
- Leading commercial exchange with Connect
- Natural drive to make money
- Passionate to explore new ways of trading
- Multi skilled in media buying
- Up for the challenge of helping shape the commercial product of MediaCom
- A real team player who has the ability to share their knowledge
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, PSA Groupe, Mars, DFS, Coca-Cola, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en