POSTED 15 MRT. 2021
Comms & Strategic Planning • Regular
The Global Engagement Sr Associate is responsible for managing all day-to-day global-to-local internal communications and related client service activities associated with an assigned global account. You will predominantly work as the connection point between the global team based in Chicago and all globally scoped local markets on your assigned account, as well as acting as a key point person for day-to-day client contact & requests. You will co-ordinate market delivery of cadenced tasks & ensure consistency in process & best-practice implementation across all scoped markets. You will be expected to manage the aggregation and development of global team deliverables and local market inputs to ensure timely delivery. This role requires resourceful problem solving, both internally and externally, while developing and maintaining strong client & local market relationships. You will be responsible for supporting your Global Engagement Associate Director and other Global Directors as they look to bring strategy, insights, and best practices to the client and agency partners.
As part of the global engagement team, you will help contribute to demonstrating the value that our global network provides to every market.
- support the Global Engagement Associate Director, Global Account Director, and Global Strategy Director in fulfilling global and local market requests and projects
- clearly communicating requests, expectations, and timing, to aggregating, organizing, and synthesizing responses, to delivering final output tailored to audience in timely manor
- support the extended global team including Global Media Directors, Segment Lead, Digital Director and Engagement team in completing deliverables and maintaining client relationships
- serve as a support and constant resource for local markets including:
- case studies: drive population of case study library in partnership with local market teams, and share cases when examples are requested and/or proactively as available
- regular market connects: coordinate cross-market and market-specific connects on monthly basis to communicate segment updates, workshop priority projects, and provide support where needed
- support regional and local market MediaCom teams in providing quick connections to lead markets, global digital & data resources
- best practices/playbooks: share best practices and category/brand playbooks with media ways in to support new creative platforms, rising media trends, adapting to new cultural norms, etc.
- partner with other segment engagement team leads to draw consistencies in cross-segment requests and processes, streamline efforts where applicable, manage volume of meetings/requests circulated across market, etc.
- collaborate with internal MediaCom Global NOE specialty teams to deliver cyclical and unique requests
- partner with data management and Digital team in monthly budget cadences (Synthesis, 360 Dash, JBP tracking) and competitive reporting (Edge)
- assist data&analytics team in strategic budget exercises and analyses including incremental allocations, optimizations, future budget setting, etc.
- support global and regional client leads in completing deliverables and maintaining client relationships
- aiding in client onboardings to quickly familiar with the network, markets, and key projects
- facilitating regular connects with Global MW Lead, owning status sheet and engaging internal team to keep up to date
- support in relaying media plan updates, budget exercises, reporting and results, competitive
- lead global report development for the Global Media Director and MediaCom Global NOE
- Liaise with external vendors and agency partners where required to ensure successful global execution of campaigns & required reporting
- ensure communications are tailored to the audience and requirements of the deliverable
YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS:
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Adept at communicating requests and responses clearly & effectively across all levels, markets, and forums (oral and written)
- Capable of working successfully within a team as well as independently
- Able to establish and maintain effective relationships interdepartmentally as well as those outside the team
- Understand and empathize with cultural/language variances across markets
- Foster a good working relationship across all client teams to facilitate an environment to support and share across markets
YOUR KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Thorough understanding of the fundamentals of Media Planning and Strategy, Media Buying, Account Management, and the agency environment
- Resourceful (“figure it out”) attitude with a willingness to learn new systems, processes, or skills
- Strong analytical abilities, including math proficiency & numbers focus
- Technical expertise, particularly with Excel and PowerPoint. Proficiency with other media systems, PowerBI, other database systems is helpful as well
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy, and highest standards of delivery
- Proactive, intelligent, and organized client servicing skills
- Capacity to anticipate the client needs
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills which include maintaining positive client and market relationships
- Ability to project and time manage, including collaborating successfully with teams, handling multiple projects, and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
- Flexibility to adapt and execute new solutions/ideas
- Implementational knowledge across all media, ideally across multiple geographies
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Solid understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements
- Occasional flexibility in working hours as part of a global team working with across many of our 110 offices, in multiple time zones
- Embrace progress over perfection philosophy, when aligned upfront
- 2+ years related experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators. We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, Richemont and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. Our Systems Thinking approach combines data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business. All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy. We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why we are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom!
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.