POSTED 08 OKT. 2020
Programmatic, Biddable, Paid Media & SEO • Permanent (Full Time)
Overview of job
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Search Team Manager to join our team, working on exciting brands across Mars Petcare, Bayer and Akzo Nobel UK business.
This is a huge opportunity to make an impact on our clients’ digital journey, where Paid Search play a central role in the Brands growth ambitions, with the channel being a key component to the success of the overall media and communication strategy. With so much of it depending on our online effectiveness and e-commerce, the Search manager will take a vital role in driving search excellence, innovation and brilliant client service across all of their accounts. They will have the opportunity to be involved in developing client strategy, test and learn roadmap, data driven insights planning and omni-channel agenda that informs media investment.
The Search Team Manager will be responsible for leading the day to day planning and strategy, team management, and optimisation process towards KPIs to deliver growth, and meeting efficiency targets. They will be looking after their team of search specialists, and ensure team L&D is consistent and delivered against.
The Search Team Manager will be self-motivated, and able to manage their and their direct reports’ time effectively. They will be operationally proficient and have in-depth specialist knowledge of search principles and how the market operates.
They will also have solid knowledge of other media channels, how they fit within the overall media/marketing mix and how they influence Search.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Search Associate Director who oversees the team.
3 best things about the job:
- The opportunity to work across large budget, innovative search accounts which are tailor-made for someone with a progressive mindset and excited to take up the challenge for iconic brands such as Pedigree, Whiskas, James Wellbeloved, Dulux, Berocca, Clarityn
- Working within a truly collaborative agency model with great opportunities for learning across communications disciplines supporting your development ambitions
- A multicultural, talented team supporting each other in implementing best-in-class, award winning campaigns, and which has fun along the way.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Proven to be the day to day lead for client contacts as well as internal stakeholders
- Overseen the team’s workflow management, from brief to post-campaign analysis, striving for operational effectiveness
- Ensured that client objectives and KPI targets are understood and optimised towards every day
In six months, you would have:
- Proposed short and long term projects to develop the search accounts and deliver improved performance.
- Worked closely with client planning team members to deliver fully integrated media plans and client brief responses.
- Challenged inherited ways of working with your own ideas for improvement
- Involvement is the cross-function specialist workstreams, and shown progress against the respective targets.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Gained a complete understanding of the client’s business and their needs, and shaped the search strategy in line with it, whilst incorporating industry developments and market changes.
- Become an extension of the client’s teams, providing added value for paid search and beyond.
- Feed into Clients Growth plans and product adoption roadmaps
- Shown to be proactive, and a real driver who inspires the direct reports.
- Become an innovation driver for their immediate clients, with up-to-date POV on new products and betas.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Collaborate with the Search Associate Director on innovative search strategy, from beta tests to data insights.
- Oversee the workflow management and training for three direct reports.
- Share learnings and best practice with the team and wider search community.
- Show initiative and proactivity to achieve our goals, working together with Google to improve the following workstreams: scores, investment, bidding, ads, data integration, and measurement.
External and Internal Communication
- Communication lead (such as weekly calls and meetings) with the clients, media partners and internal teams (such as the client planning teams) with the support of the Search Associate Director when required.
- In-depth paid search specialist experience
- Strong direct response experience i.e. working towards a strict cost per sale and ROI target
- Up to date with Google Ads, Microsoft Advertising, and SA360 developments
- Some Google and Microsoft Shopping experience will be required
- Understanding of YouTube, GDN, Gmail, Discovery campaigns, MSAN and Amazon sponsored products desirable
- Know how to create, work to, and forecast accurate media plans, even when targets may change
- A strong understanding of other media lines and how it works in conjunction
- Strongly process driven, from budget management to brief responses
Technology and Systems
- Knowledge of systems such as the Google Marketing Platform (SA360) or Adobe Ad Cloud
- Savvy lead of automated account management systems and processes (such as ad copy changes, bid management, reporting)
- Working knowledge of how to utilise and apply standard and customised scripts to accounts
What you will need:
- Detailed knowledge about data interrogation and how to apply this to granular account optimisation in line with KPI metrics and target
- A strong people manager who is approachable and supportive
- A team lead who strives for excellence and inspires direct reports along the way
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Able to delegate and escalate swiftly
- Understand the client’s business and the challenges they face
- A strong communicator who presents with conviction
- Reliable and organised
- Keen to establish a collaborative relationship with our client contacts
- A real team player who keeps internal stakeholders updated
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en