POSTED 15 MRT. 2021
Media Planning, Implementation & Activation • Permanent (Full Time)
MediaCom Job description style guide
Overview of job
We are looking for a Senior Accelerator (Senior Planner level) to join the Global Brands Team on WBA
Working across the Global Brands account this role will play an integral part of the account to deliver innovative campaigns across all media channels. The successful candidate will get to work across the entire campaign life cycle – from strategy to execution. Instead of generic KPI’s and siloed optimisation, accelerators are focussed on continuously optimising the media and creative performance, using custom client KPI frameworks, across all real time disciplines (search, social, programmatic, addressable TV, etc.) There is an increased focus on digital first planning which will provide a brilliant basis to upskill across all digital channels & aid development of both brand and performance planning skillsets.
Reporting of the role
This role reports Accelerator Associate Director on Global Brands
3 best things about the job:
- The work & business understanding – you’ll will be working with clients who WPP is an extension of their marketing team
- Your development – we’ll support your learning and development ambitions
- The people – you’ll work in a very supportive, ambitious & fun team
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Drive the pace for the day to day performance to drive the business. This includes helping to set the strategic & business direction – a north star - and inspire & drive the WPP teams to develop new ways of working, responses and products which deliver on a performance & business (sales) point of view.
- Established yourself as key figure of the team, acting as an invaluable support to your clients, the MP & wider team.
- Ensure we are fully integrated within MediaCom and WPP or all things digital including technology, approach, effectiveness measures for the overall purpose of delivering best in class and fit-for-purpose solutions for Global Brands.
- Help drive a strong understanding of the culture and values of WBA/WPP Partnership & MediaCom.
- Support the entire team in their work streams within the team, help present best in class performance strategy & responses to brief to the clients F2F and become a go-to person for the client direct
Responsibilities of the role:
- Support the WBA team on pro-active leadership & ownership of the performance relationship with Global Brands and the WPP teams
- Help create (alongside the Associate Director & implementation teams) the development & focussed on continuously optimising the media performance, using custom client KPI frameworks, across all real time disciplines (search, social, programmatic, addressable TV, etc.)
- Help develop the team to embrace & demonstrate the culture and values of the WBA/WPP Partnership & MediaCom.
- Ensure you and the team understand the importance of their work in supporting the clients’ business and driving the wider agency output, and that they are proud of the work they do.
- Make sure the team adhere to the work sign-off process defined by the leadership team and working alongside the client.
What you will need:
- Strong digital performance background & knowledge as the client is mainly digital focused
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and a team player mentality
- Self-motivated; an ambition to make the ordinary extraordinary
- A thirst to learn – be that the client’s business, people, brands, industry, trends etc
- An ability to prioritise and delegate, as well as manage both up and down
- Empathetic and self-aware
- Motivated to understand the real issue behind the brief
- Positive, proactive approach to problem solving
- Calm under pressure
- Accurate verbal and written feedback and instructions
- Enjoy presenting, story-telling, and influencing others
- Data & Content literate - able to simplify the potentially complicated into a clear opportunity
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en