POSTED 13 NOV. 2020
Programmatic, Biddable, Paid Media & SEO • Permanent (Full Time)
Digital Manager Planning AV
We’re looking for a quick thinking and versatile Digital Manager to work on one of the most dynamic and fast paced areas of the Sky Group in NOW TV. The candidate should already have an excellent knowledge of the UK digital landscape and be well versed in planning / buying digital media across both DR and Brand. You should have strong communication and project management skills. You will also work closely with other media specialists to deliver an integrated plan, often taking the lead in developing the connected system using digital to link other media channels and understanding how other media plans fit in the system. The Manager will be responsible for delivering best in class digital work as well as the output of a team of planners and execs.
Who does the role report into?
This role reports to the Digital Associate Director
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- The expectation, support and tools to deliver best in class digital work across the biggest account in the UK
- Working with the best talent in the industry, both internally at MediaCom and externally at NOW TV
- Opportunity to take the lead on three of the most-fast paced areas of the Sky Group, NOW TV.
Measures of success
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Built visibility and trust with multiple stakeholders – both internally and externally. They will see you as a reliable and trusted digital advisor.
- Showcased exceptional project management skills through the delivery of multiple campaigns
In the first 6 months?
- Championed existing and pioneered new processes to ensure output and project management across campaigns is executed efficiently and consistently
- Delivered brilliant work to the client - building innovation into our plans, whether this is through smart tech, data, creative or audience insight
- Built strong relationships with your team, nurturing their growth and development, reviewing and re-setting KPIs as required
In the first 12 months?
- Consistently delivered brilliant work to the client - building innovation into our plans, whether this is through smart tech, data, creative or audience insight
- Delivered improvements in client satisfaction scores.
Responsibilities of the role
- The ability to delegate, up and downwards, to coordinate between groups and departments and to be able to sell strategies, initiatives and ideas convincingly
- Provide regular feedback (both positive and negative) to the team on a regular basis.
- Set clear KPIs’ that focus on the individual’s key behaviours and areas for improvement.
- Flag up any serious performance issues immediately and seek help to manage them accordingly.
- Ensure that the team are working in a collaborative way with Planning, Investment, MBA, Business Science, Consumer Insight etc.
- Quality control of output from the team
- Develop strong relationships with day to day clients. Be their go to person for anything digital
- Ensure that the team are delivering excellence in digital implementation planning
- Ensure we working closely with Investment to deliver clients’ buying targets
- Meetings and conference calls with Planners & Clients
- Taking part in stretch sessions
- Brilliant basics implementational planning
- Response to brief presentations
- Inductions to clients
- Selling ideas into Planning/Clients
- Work on proposals based on media owner ideas/solutions
- Re-working proposals based on client or planner feedback/tweaks to brief
- Quality control
- Maintain strong relationships with media owners
What you will need:
The role requires a highly motivated, self-starting and self-critical individual to drive a best in class service and practice for NOW TV. It requires paramount leadership skills to effectively consult and support successful client engagements in a challenging landscape of multiple stakeholders.
- Comprehensive experience working in digital a media agency
- Advanced understanding of digital principles, paid social, partnerships, mobile, data and analytics
- Strong knowledge of the programmatic and paid social landscape as it relates to various channels including display, video and experiential
- Strong knowledge and hands on exeperience of multiple technology platforms: DSPs/Social Ads Managers, verification tools, viewability, analytics, attribution modelling and adserving
- Experience working with DMP ad tech to drive audience segmentation and reporting. Complete understanding of the full CRM process and how 1st party data is collected and used to fuel campaigns
- Ability to tell compelling implementation stories (with the aim to interweave roles, flighting, weights, formats of different media and how they interrelate)
- Proven offline understanding, training, and ability to build cross channel strategies
- Strong presentation and communication skills with excellent written & verbal English language skills/grammar
- Experience of managing and mentoring a team
- A positive and passionate approach that motivates the team around you
- Independent worker who can own and manage relationships confidently
- Drive to execute new ideas and be at the forefront of new industry developments
- Exceptional attention to detail
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*