POSTED 20 JAN. 2021
Comms & Strategic Planning • Permanent (Full Time)
Overview of job
Business Director within KR MediaCom – a department of 24 offering the highest level of service and expertise to LVMHs portfolio of aspirational brands and clients targeting HNWIs. We combine specialist luxury sector and audience knowledge and hands-on account management.
In 2009 we became fully integrated into MediaCom UK, giving us access to the biggest media agency in the UK.
This role will have a key focus to develop and lead our UK Prestige beauty and ecommerce focused clients, ensuring they excel within the full retail ecosystem
Reporting of the role
This role reports into Kate Anthony, Head of LVMH, Partner at KR Mediacom
3 best things about the job:
- The people – KR is group of focused, supportive and kind individuals
- The work & business understanding – you’ll have the opportunity to build and shape the future successes of our clients, making you an integral part of our and their team
- Your development – we’ll support your learning and development ambitions
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Established yourself as a key member of the Planning team, acting as an invaluable support to your line manager & wider team and trusted agency partner to your clients.
- Have full over-sight of day to day work streams on KR MediaCom accounts, presented responses to brief to the clients F2F and become increasingly confident in Systems Planning.
- Ensure yourself & the team have built strong relationships with connect and MBA, including proper, inspirational briefs (to be owned by the manager, but signed off by the BD).
- Gained a strong understanding of the culture and values of MediaCom. Particularly our planning philosophy, having been introduced to Systems Planning, our proprietary and market leading planning process
Responsibilities of the role:
- To become the main planning point of contact for the senior clients quickly – a trusted strategic partner and opinionated expert on market and industry issues.
- Skills in leading the development, presentation and delivery of top-quality planning work on annual planning / major planning projects
- Ensure and Inspire the team to understand the importance of their planning work in supporting the clients’ business and driving the wider agency output, and that they are proud of the work they do.
- Ensure the team understand, use and value the System Planning and processes inc. acceleration workshop.
- Make sure the team adhere to the work sign-off process defined by the planning management team.
- Ensure the team build strong relationships with connect and MBA, including proper, inspirational briefs (to be owned by the BD).
- Participate in stretch sessions, both to share own experience and for personal freshness.
- Ensure your line manager is up to date with changes & developments on each account
What you will need:
- Strong client management and negotiation skills
- Retail and ecommerce omni-channel planning experience
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, and a team player mentality
- Self-motivated; an ambition to make the ordinary extraordinary
- A thirst to learn – be that the client’s business, people, brands, industry, trends etc
- An ability to prioritise and delegate, as well as manage both up and down
- Empathetic and self-aware
- Motivated to understand the real issue behind the brief
- Positive, proactive approach to problem solving
- Calm under pressure
- Accurate verbal and written feedback and instructions
- Enjoy presenting, story-telling, and influencing others
- Data & Content literate - able to simplify the potentially complicated into a clear opportunity
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade twice; in 2009 and 2019 and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en