POSTED 07 JAN. 2021
Programmatic, Biddable, Paid Media & SEO • Maternity Cover
Search Associate Director (maternity cover)
Responsible for leading the Search planning and strategy, team management, optimisation processes and test & learn strategies aligned to client KPIs, delivering growth and meeting efficiency targets. This role will predominantly focus on one client but includes others that are part of the same Business Group.
The Search Associate Director will be self-motivated, and able to manage their and their direct reports’ time effectively. They will be operationally proficient and have in-depth knowledge of the Search industry.
They will also have excellent knowledge of other media channels, how they fit within the overall media mix and how they influence PPC.
Who does the role report into?
This role reports to the Digital Director who oversees the client digital strategy, alongside the Head of Search who leads the specialist function.
What are the 3 best things about the job?
1.The opportunity to work on well-known household brands which are part of the following parent groups: Direct Line Group, DFS and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
2.An opportunity to develop an in-depth understanding of how paid search works in conjunction with other channels as part of a connected communications approach, whilst being progressive in the Search space.
3.A multicultural, talented, award-winning team supporting each other in implementing best-in-class campaigns, and has fun along the way.
What are the measures of success?
You are an established senior member of the wider Search community and a known experienced Search specialist within the Business Group, proactively sharing client campaign successes. You demonstrate to be proactive and inquisitive, and a real driver who inspires direct reports and peers alike. You are confidently challenging inherited ways of working with your own ideas for improvement and evolution that fit the overarching MediaCom processes and vision.
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
•Proven to be the Search lead for client contacts as well as internal stakeholders
•Overseen the team’s operationally effective workflow management, from brief to post-campaign analysis
•Ensured that client objectives and KPI targets are understood and optimised towards every day by a skilled team
What are the core responsibilities?
- Collaborate with the Digital Director and Head of Search on innovative Search strategy, taking ownerships of client initiatives from beta tests to data analysis
- Oversee the workflow management and training for all direct reports
- Support three Search Team Managers who manage their individual team members.
- Share learnings and best practice with the wider Search community of nearly 50 across 7 Business Groups.
External and Internal Communication
- Communication lead for clients, media partners and internal teams (such as the client planning teams) with the support of the Digital Director when required.
- Proven in-depth Search specialist experience
- Strong direct response experience i.e. working towards a strict ROAS or equivalent target
- Up to date with Google Ads and Microsoft Advertising developments
- Able to create reliable performance forecasts, even when targets and market conditions change
- Experience in successful automated bid management adoption and application of advanced audience strategies
- A strong understanding of other media lines and how it works in conjunction
- Strongly process driven, from budget and finance admin management to brief responses
Technology, Systems and Media Platforms
- Knowledge of systems such as the Google Marketing Platform (SA360 in particular).
- Experience using data visualisation software like Data Studio or Tableau to create bespoke and automated performance reports
- Savvy lead of automated account management processes (for example ad copy changes and budget management)
What will you need?
- Detailed knowledge about data interrogation and how to apply this to granular account optimisation in line with KPI metrics and targets
- A team lead who strives for excellence and inspires direct reports along the way
- A savvy people manager who is approachable and supportive
- Able to delegate and escalate swiftly
- Positive and proactive attitude
- A great understanding of the clients’ business and the challenges they face
- Keen to establish a collaborative and trusted relationship with our client contacts
- A strong communicator who presents with conviction
- Reliable and organised
- A real team player who keeps internal stakeholders updated
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*