POSTED 18 DEC. 2020
Comms & Strategic Planning • Permanent (Full Time)
Uber & Nuffield Comms Planner
Overview of job
We’re looking for an ambitious Planner who would like to be part of a hardworking, energetic, and curious team working on two very exciting brands: Uber - a world renowned tech disruptor & Nuffield- a healthcare & gyms provider
You will be supporting a Manager and 2 Ads and will be expected to work alongside them to help creative effective always on media plans as well as to get involved with wider nucleus project initiatives. This is a great role for exposure to all avenues of the advertising industry, and an opportunity to grow across a client that has adapted to an inclusive way of working & who is ambitious in outlook
Who does the role report into?
You will report into an Associate Director
3 best things about the job
- The diversity of experience you will get from the clients – a ground-breaking digital brand + a household name gyms & hospital provider.
- The team - Fun working atmosphere and strong team culture focused on delivering brilliant work.
- You’ll have access to a range of opportunities for growth. Mediacom’s philosophy is putting its people first. This is a place where you can grow as a person as well as a professional – with a wide range of initiatives across the board.
What are the measures of success?
- Building a clear understanding of Media & it’s role in the world of Systems Planning
- Becoming an important part of the wider nucleus team whilst continuing to be fully involved in MediaCom life
- Having a good holistic knowledge of the processes involved in working in an integrated account
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Establish working relationships with the media team & the wider nucleus model
- Develop an understanding of your client’s business, marketing, and the role media plays.
- Support your BD and AD in the creation of a ‘Great Work Manifesto’ for your clients.
- Develop a clear understanding of our Systems Planning approach and The System (our proprietary Planning tool).
- Build an understanding of digital, data, and marketing technology, and how we use them to drive growth for our clients.
- Contribute to a seamless working process between the Comms, Implementation Planning and the rest of the nucleus disciplines.
What will you need?
- To be passionate about advertising!
- To be culturally inquisitive
- An openness to different ways of working & a proactive nature
- An eye for detail
- Experience working on campaign analysis, reporting, insight discovery
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*