POSTED 15 JAN. 2021
Programmatic, Biddable, Paid Media & SEO • Permanent (Full Time)
Mediacom - Digital Partner
Overview of job
Digital is a dense and highly complex web of technology, data, content and media. The evolution of technology has led to a seemingly non-stop wave of innovation, increasing the speed of change in a world where nothing remains constant. We believe our role is to untangle this web of confusion, becoming the most valued digital and data partner for our clients, guiding them through an era of disruption and simplifying the complex.
MediaCom London is split into 7 Business Groups. Each Business Group is led by a Managing Partner, with a dedicated Digital Partner working alongside them to deliver world class work and strategic leadership across the Business Group.
The Digital Partner will lead this role; gaining a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses, applying their knowledge to simplify the landscape and identify the role that digital and data can play in creating positive change to grow our clients’ businesses. With responsibility for all senior digital client relationships, you will understand the need for transformation in modern business and provide strategic guidance on the role digital and data can play in addressing that.
The Digital Partner is supported by a team of Digital Directors, Business Directors and specialist teams to deliver market leading solutions for our clients.
The Business Group clients have a combined media budget in excess of £200m, the clients are: PSA, TUI, Mars, Muller, Costa, Duracell, Akzo Nobel and On the Market. There are 47 digital specialists in the group, across digital planning, search, social, ad-ops and data.
Reporting of the role
This role reports into the Managing Partner of the Business Group with a secondary reporting line into the Chief Digital Officer.
3 best things about the job:
- Owning the Digital strategy for the Business Group. This includes full responsibility for the group’s clients, setting the digital direction and managing market the leading vendor relationships in media, data and tech.
- The scale, support and resource of the UK’s biggest agency. Your dedicated digital team sit within the Business Group and you will also be supported by talented specialists in Data & Analytics, Engineering, Product Development and Customer Experience Design.
- An opportunity to be entrepreneurial - we encourage our leaders to inspire new ways of working, to find new revenue streams and create new products for clients.
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- Set out a clear vision for the digital strategy across the Business Group
- Identified key areas for development and change
- Worked with the Managing Partner to identify key clients & team members to focus on
In six months, you would have:
- Created a high performing digital offering within the Business Group
- Changed the conversation with your key clients and be seen as an indispensable partner
In 12 months, you would have:
- Delivered incremental revenue growth from additional services
Responsibilities of the role:
- Be the key digital contact and escalation point for the senior clients, actively engage and build client strong relationships – become indispensable.
- Provide thought leadership, opinion and introductions to Mediacom’s specialist services
Strategy & Planning:
- Plan the digital and data transformation for the clients within your Business Group
- Create and review client transformation roadmaps
- Ensure that long term digital strategies are being delivered
- Lead strategic digital partner relations for your Business Group e.g. Google, Facebook, Amazon etc
- Work with the Managing Partner to drive new revenue growth across the Business Group, with particular focus on strategy, consulting and additional services
- Work with the Head of Investment and Head of Digital Trading to ensure all campaign activity in the Business Group follows trading, investment and brand safety guidelines
- Ensure that digital teams within your Business Group develop and maintain a rigorous set of operational processes around campaign budget management and reconciliation with a view to achieving zero financial write off in the year.
Leadership & Team Management
- Lead and inspire a team of 47 digital experts
- Work with the horizontal specialist teams in Data, Product and CX and bring in the right talent to meet the clients’ changing needs
- Develop the digital and data specialists within your team to ensure they have the very best opportunities to grow and identify any specialist training and development needs
What you will need:
- An expert in digital media, adtech, martech, eCommerce and data platforms
- A track record of delivering exceptional digital work for clients or as a client
- Strong digital-performance marketing skills
- Strong relationships with digital & data partners, vendors, platforms and suppliers
- A strong foundation in media planning principles and an understanding of the role media plays in a wide communications ecosystem
- Excellent knowledge of 1st / 2nd / 3rd party data - how each should be applied and connected to provide customer driven marketing solutions
- A solid understanding of Identity Management and how brands should be looking to use data across the entire Customer Experience – both online and offline
- Ability to influence the most senior and demanding clients/partners/internal stakeholders
- Excellent skills in consultative selling
- Embraces and manages ambiguity/complexity and has the ability to adapt
- Solutions driven mindset
- Inspiring leadership skills
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
We unlock growth through our unique Systems Thinking approach. Growing brands is a challenge that excites us. To unlock growth, you need a big picture perspective across the whole communications system. That’s why we pioneered Systems Thinking in media.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
Employing over 1,300 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade, 2000-2010 and 2011-2020.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en