POSTED 31 MRT. 2021
Media Planning, Implementation & Activation • Permanent (Full Time)
Shell Account Executive – MediaCom
Overview of job
The Media Executive will support the Shell Global Client Team across the Downstream Business (Retail and Lubricants). As a team we work towards developing global strategies and campaigns that make a real difference to our client’s business.
A key focus for this role will be handling day to day relationships with our network to maintain accurate global reporting tools, reconciliation of local market media investment, instilling best practice ways of working and outputs (roll out of global guidance, sharing learnings, adherence to global templates and timelines etc.), maintaining accurate records and assisting in ongoing and ad hoc account tasks (status reports, calls, meetings, timelines, competitive/finance/campaign reviews etc.).
The role will require communication with multiple managers within the team, various specialist teams within the agency and multiple Shell clients.
Three best things about the job:
- You will be assisting with and gaining experience of working on a major account and a truly global client (and one of the largest companies in the world - 5th largest in 2018 according to Fortune 500).
- You will be exposed on a day to day basis to a variety of stakeholders – clients and internal (within the global team and in local markets) – and work with specialists across the MediaCom business to grow your knowledge of media and the running of a global account.
- MediaCom is the fastest growing media agency globally (RECMA 2018) and you will be working in a team which has committed to deliver on innovative, award worthy work.
In 3 months you will have:
- Become familiar with your key deliverables and demonstrated a proactive and positive approach to building up the knowledge and information required to perform these tasks. By now you will have learnt the basics of how a global media account is run and how we can make the biggest difference for our clients.
- Shown passion for the role and ongoing desire and ability to deliver work to a high standard, delivering accurate and timely outputs.
- Started to build good relationships with the immediate team and your network and client contacts, and be receiving positive feedback from key stakeholders.
In 6 months you will have:
- Become fluent in the skills required to perform the role, ensuring attention to detail and rigour is applied to all tasks.
- Established good relationships with our local markets and be acting independently to obtain the information you and the wider team require to deliver on global tasks.
- Expanded your media knowledge to a level where can proficiently provide opinions and feedback on the quality of market data and work outputs.
Where you will be at the end of your first year:
- You will have one year under your belt on a demanding, innovative client, with a firm foundation to accept more responsibility in the planning of global media and running of a global account.
- You will have firmly established yourself as essential and go-to point person for local markets and internal team, well trusted to deliver at a consistently high standard.
What we’re looking for in you:
- A collaborative mindset, with a strong appetite to learn
- Curious, both about the drivers of consumer behaviour and the drivers of media campaign success
- Proactive attitude and a desire to learn and develop a thorough understanding of the work and projects you are involved in
- Determined and investigative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Able to work across multiple workstreams at once
- Excellent attention to detail
- A good basic working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
What is in it for you!
As part of the GroupM and WPP network, our benefits are incredibly comprehensive and you’ll have plenty of fantastic benefits to choose from. We have listed a few below - and there are many more on offer:
- Superb development opportunities and ongoing support throughout your career
- Stunning London-based offices with on-site bar, cafe and roof terrace
- 25 days’ holiday from the get-go, increasing with length of service
- Season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, private medical insurance
- We also have a regular events calendar including company socials, sports clubs, a range of on-site services including health screenings, financial management workshops, manicures and massages.
This role reports to the Global Account Manager.
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom