POSTED 04 DEC. 2020
Talent, HR, People & Culture • Regular
The People Partner will play a critical role in collaboration to operate and deliver on MediaCom values, People First. We are looking for someone who will focus on talent management and to be a partner to the business. This entails acting as an employee champion and partnership with business leads to advise, guide, mentor, support, and consult when required, while also operating within best practice standards and resolving issues when they arise. This role will also work in very close collaboration with Agency People Team Members and GroupM COV’s.
You will accomplish this by championing the culture and values on a day-to-day basis, supporting the development and execution of our people management philosophy, approach and processes. Partnering with business leads to advice and guide, mentor and support, act as a sounding board when required but also setting best practice standards and resolving issues when they arise.
- Act as a strategic business partner and adviser for assigned portfolio on all talent-related matters
- As a trust advisor, build and maintain trusting relationships with staff and leadership across all levels to cultivate a positive, collaborative partnership
- Foster a high performing culture that supports the goals of the company
- Partner with the People Relations team to cultivate healthy interactions and sustain positive workplace relations programs, policies and practices
- Facilitate the delivery of professional development and training initiatives
- In partnership with others, manage salary review processes and annual bonus allocation
- Partner with the People Planning team to support internal employee mobility through rotation, promotion, and succession, while balancing business demand
- Curate employee engagement programs by identifying, creating, and facilitating programs such as Philanthropy, Culture, Corporate & Social responsibility
YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS:
- Lead by example in developing, motivating, mentoring, and coaching team members
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels while maintaining confidentiality
- Able to establish and maintain strong, effective relationships interdepartmentally
- Target top talent; help to recruit and select staff
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong proficiency with HRIS applications, systems/tools
- Knowledge of payroll systems such as ADP, a plus
- 8+ years of Human Resources; media or advertising experience a plus
- Ability to think strategically while executing flawlessly and be a forward / innovative thinker
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and listening); positive attitude, approaches problems confidently and is aware of environment around them
- Ability to lead people, build trust and has good persuasive skills, ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ambitious, resourceful, focused and goal-oriented
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, decisive with critical thinking and effective problem-solving
- Exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities and attention to detail
- Results orientated
- Significant knowledge of HR policies and process (e.g., workforce planning, etc.)
- Knowledge of key employment laws
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom!
We are an equal opportunity employer.
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.