POSTED 19 OKT. 2020
Programmatic, Biddable, Paid Media & SEO • Permanent (Full Time)
Overview of job
MediaCom requires a highly motivated, analytical and technically experienced SEO Strategist to join our award winning and rapidly growing SEO team. The role will support both UK and International SEO teams and will have the opportunity to work on some of the world’s biggest brands. Experience working in highly competitive and performance driven sectors is essential.
As a senior member of the team the candidate will be working alongside the team Heads and ADs delivering strategic recommendations designed to grow our clients’ and MediaCom’s business.
This is a great opportunity for someone with the right skills and level of ambition to progress their career. Not only will the successful candidate be delivering SEO campaigns for some of the largest brands and advertisers in the world, they’ll also have the opportunity to develop their knowledge of media planning, thanks to the close integration between Mediacom’s SEO team with other specialist departments within the company.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Heads of SEO (International and UK)
3 best things about the job:
- Adventurous and pioneering clients who want to succeed in search and content
- The team - both the immediate core team and the wider departments we work with are fantastic. It’s great to be able to tap into the wealth of knowledge and experience here at MediaCom across all departments.
- Outstanding personal development, training and learning opportunities, such as online learning, incredible guest speakers and dedicated Google days hosted at our offices.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Developed strong relationships with your day to day clients
- Delivered excellence in SEO strategy and implementation
In six months, you would have:
- Led development of new SEO approaches and products areas
- Demonstrated confidence feeding into projects’ SEO strategies
- Ownership of finance and operations related to accounts managed.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Become the trusted “go-to” person for internal teams with regards to SEO
Responsibilities of the role:
- Support the SEO Directors and ADs all areas of SEO Strategy, with emphasis on identifying ROI with your SEO solutions
- Work with senior leadership team identifying key strategic opportunities and produce recommendations and insights to define the SEO Business Development roadmap
- Analysing client websites, search results and online marketing data to identify SEO opportunities within clients’ markets and in line with latest search engine algorithm updates.
- Provide relevant training and support to the wider SEO and MediaCom teams
- Be the go-to-source for all technical and strategic SEO knowledge, providing recommendations, answering complex technical queries and providing points of view
- Maintaining the agency’s high client retention rate by developing and fostering long lasting client relationships
- Working alongside SEO Head and/or other MediaCom Management to expand the project base revenue to a retainer base revenue, and on new business opportunities
- Contribution to commercial growth for the SEO team
What you will need:
- Strong SEO experience with proven experience in delivering SEO strategies yielding positive results for a range of clients including performance, International and UK brands
- Proven success creating persuasive business documents including new business proposals and campaign summaries
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrable experience in HTML/JS/CSS & AJAX websites
- A high degree of numeracy and literacy are essential (analytical thinking)
- Ability to juggle a number of tasks at once and consistently to deliver high-quality work to timescale
- Ability to identify out-of-scope opportunities and raise to the appropriate internal stakeholders
- Ability to pre-empt problems and be pro-active in producing solutions
- Ability to use SEO tools efficiently and provide insights, including Google Analytics, Advanced Web Rankings, Omniture etc.
- Excellent understanding of web technologies (CMS, Web Servers & Website Information Architecture)
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent commercial acumen
Essential personal qualities:
- Highly motivated and able to work and learn independently and as part of a team
- Ability to take responsibility for own work and to make sure that others deliver in support of you
- Confidence and resilience
- Flexibility - willingness to pick up tasks for others
- Quick to learn, and keen to develop
- Attention to detail
MediaCom have one of the most innovative, passionate and successful digital performance teams in the UK, providing clients with best-in-class digital services across Paid Search, SEO, Data, Programmatic Display, Paid Social and other performance media.
As The Content + Connections Agency, we believe everything is connected. At MediaCom, our unique approach to planning and buying across Paid, Owned and Earned media optimises our clients’ entire system, not just individual channel silos. ‘Content’ is any form of consumer messaging that connects brands to their consumers, while ‘Connections’ ensures no dead ends or wastage through disconnected content.
We look beyond our own expertise and assess the bigger picture: How do we all play a role within our clients’ broader communications system? Through our uniquely connected eco-system of diverse communications experts working we achieve this - interpreting the bigger picture and fuelling future business success.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK