POSTED 25 MRT. 2021
Finance & Commercial • Permanent (Full Time)
Finance / Systems Analyst
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and well organised Finance / Systems Analyst with strong attention to detail, along with financial dashboard reporting / modelling experience. An analyst who can develop, create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge. You will support the Commercial Finance Team on a 3-6-month FTC basis, working alongside a fantastic Team to drive improvements and maintain high standards of work - specifically supporting the Commercial Finance Managers with improving efficiencies, productivity, processes and achieving set KPI’s by:
- Analysing financial data and creating financial models for decision support and leadership reviews
- Designing, building and deploying business intelligence reports and dashboards using Microsoft PowerBI
- Translating business needs into technical specifications
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Develop and execute database queries
- Create visualisations and reports for requested projects
- Develop and update technical documentation
This is a Business Intelligence focused role and requires data and business analysis experience. You should be analytical and an excellent communicator.
Who does the role report into?
You will report into the Commercial Finance Manager
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- You’ll be part of the Finance Team within the largest media agency in the UK, providing you with a holistic view of how large media organisations operate commercially
- Opportunities to improve processes and participate on various projects with the Senior Finance Team
- The role is within a fast-paced and ever-changing environment meaning no two days are the same
What are the measures of success?
- You will have implemented and grown the ideas of The Senior Finance Team, seeing tangible results
- These processes and procedures will be used for years to come
What will you need?
- To be passionate and interested in Data
- The ability to develop the design and architecture of PowerBI/Premium & other system applications
- Experience of delivering BI reporting solutions to Business
- Previously experienced in a Finance Systems role
- Able to properly understand the business requirements and develop data models accordingly by taking care of the resources
- Hands on, pro-active approach and strive for excellence
- Strong commercial experience with Revenue management and Financial Modelling
- Advanced Excel skills
- Systems – Hyperion / DDS knowledge would be advantageous but not essential
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*