POSTED 05 FEB. 2021
Data, Analytics & Insight • Permanent (Full Time)
Hello. We are MediaCom.
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2020 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Eurobest and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Groupe PSA, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
As a Data Scientist in MediaCom Systems Technology, you will be building tools and models in R to support our planning teams in building effective marketing campaigns.
Our Data Scientists are responsible for maintaining return on investment and forecasting models, ensuring that these models run with correct data inputs and refreshing interactive dashboards. Data Scientists also answer more ad hoc queries, building statistical and machine learning models and designing data visualisations to respond to queries from across MediaCom.
Initially, this role will focus on maintaining and running existing tools and models, before expanding with experience into model design and building new interactive applications in R and Shiny software.
You will have an analytical mindset and a passion for solving problems. Experience with statistical modelling methods such as OLS regression is essential and ability to code in R is an advantage. Other programming languages such as Python are useful but MediaCom runs a predominantly R environment.
- Maintaining existing R models, refreshing with new data and ensuring robust output
- Building models and running statistical analyses to respond to ad-hoc queries
- Visualising datasets and model outputs for understanding by a non-technical audience
- Refreshing and designing interactive Tableau dashboards
- Working with MediaCom teams to customise report templates to individual client needs
- Progressing towards statistical model design and creating interactive applications in R and Shiny
- Undergraduate degree in a STEM or other statistically focussed subject such as Economics
- Experience with statistical modelling techniques such as OLS regression
- Logical, problem solving mindset
- Ability to code (strong experience with the R language is an advantage)
- Experience with machine learning techniques (e.g. random forest, gradient boosting)
- Experience of working in cloud computing environments
- Experience working with marketing and/or web analytics data
If you have the skills and experience for this exciting and challenging role, we would love to hear from you!
Mediacom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.