POSTED 20 JAN 2021
Data, Analytics & Insight • Regular
About the Team:
Business Science, which encompasses Digital Analytics, is one of the fastest growing fields within MediaCom and focuses on three areas: (1) providing data and analytics services to our clients, (2) developing optimal processes for managing data and performing analytics and (3) innovating in methods and algorithms used for data and analytics. MediaCom Business Science gives clients the power and confidence to make smarter investment decisions. This team supplies a wide range of advanced measurement options to drive business, channel & campaign planning as well as support our teams in developing optimization for clients, helping to set clear action plans for improvement.
Business Science is staffed with a team of professionals trained and dedicated to three specific areas: Cross Channel Measurement, Digital Analytics and Business Consultation. We recognize individual skillset and career aspirations when building teams and creating departmental development opportunities.
We are problem solvers at heart and apply data creatively working seamlessly with Planning and specialty functions. We like to share as well as teach and believe in data led decision making. We are passionate and enjoy the energy, variety and fast-paced environment a media agency has to offer.
About the Role:
In this role, you will be part of a global team that focuses on measuring and improving the marketing investments for our client across 8 different countries – and growing every year. The Analyst acts as the primary day-to-day contact on project management and execution for client accounts and deliverables, including but not limited to measurement planning, weekly reporting, media and creative tests, media and creative analysis, competitive analysis, and industry research.
You will use our proprietary measurement solutions that enable us to engage with data and answer our clients’ toughest business questions, uncover trends and pursue breakthrough marketing ideas. We look for intellectual curiosity, critical thinking and creative problem-solving ability and a passion for data.
Your Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with senior level Business Science and Analytics staff to manage project timelines and deliverable schedules
- Deliver projects independently, but proactively communicates project progress, issues and deliverables to manager and director
- Develop directional insights
- Perform data aggregation and ensure data QA
- Set up template and maintain formula links for business science modeling work.
- Ensure all client materials meet or exceed expectations (from content to quality)
- Research industry trends and facts
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Your People Skills:
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to work successfully within a team as well as independently
- Establish and maintain effective relationships inter-departmentally as well as with those outside the team
Your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical abilities and quantitative skills
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully with teams, and work under pressure
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- An understanding of database management (SQL preferred)
- Knowledge of Regression modeling, AB testing, trend analysis and other various statistical methods
- Must take initiative and create opportunities
- Must be able to lead day to day activity on large analytical projects
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in quantitative field
- 0-2 years relevant work experience
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators. We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, Richemont and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. Our Systems Thinking approach combines data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business. All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy. We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why we are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom!
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.