POSTED 15 JAN 2021
MediaCom - Comms & Strategic Planning • Comms & Strategic Planning • Full-Time
MediaCom, the largest media agency in the country handling blue-chip accounts such as Procter and Gamble Philippines, Unilab, Jollibee Foods Corp., Monde Nissin among others, is looking for a dynamic and innovative digital enthusiast who would like to establish a career in Digital media by joining the agency as Communications Planner.
In this role, the candidate will be responsible in developing the communication strategies that will address the objectives and needs of the clients.. The candidate will utilize Mediacom’s tools and systems and will apply the category and consumer behavior learnings established by the agency in developing the strategies and recommendations for the brand.
3 best things about the job:
- Exposure to Mediacom’s best-in-class communication planning framework.
- Opportunity to handle the country’s top companies and brands
- Being part of an organization that promotes excellence through mentoring and talent development programs while maintaining an environment of fun and camaraderie.
Measures of Success:
In 3 to 6 months you should have:
- Mastered the use/application of communications planning tools and systems (both industry and proprietary) and have familiarized yourself with Mediacom’s proprietary planning framework and communications planning concepts.
- Established a clear understanding of the local media landscape, the client’s business and the requirements and reports that you need to submit on a regular basis.
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
- A Communications Planner handles specific brands and performs the following tasks:
- Delivers strategic communication response to business issues and brand challenges based on clear understanding of client’s brief
- Recommends media platforms and investment level based on objective and strategic directions
- Uses research data (category, brand, consumer) as basis for recommendations
- Monitors and analyses brand and competitive activities to gain learnings and best practices
- Prepares and presents category and brand reviews to client teams
- Seeks and recommends media innovations that address business needs
- Understands and applies MediaCom’s internal systems and processes in addressing clients’ needs and requirements
- Engages with client on day-to-day requirements with guidance of Communications Planning Manager
- Manages brand’s media budget (annual, monthly and per campaign budget)
- Collaborates with Mediacom’s internal units and external partners to ensure smooth and holistic delivery of brand requirements
- Delivers complete, accurate and timely reports and requirements
What you'll bring:
- Strong analytical and number skills
- Passion for learning and openness to new challenges
- Project management skills, good at multi-tasking and organization
- Self-starter attitude
- Team player mindset
- Time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Confidence and a can-do/positive attitude
- High level of accountability and integrity
- Graduate of a business or research-related course:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Communication Research, Communication Arts, etc
- Fresh Graduate or 1-2 years work experience in a related field ie. marketing, advertising, research.
More about MediaCom
MediaCom helps brands unlock growth through media. We do this by applying our unique Systems Thinking approach to data, technology, and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business, enabling us to identify the best avenues for growth and unlock the potential in every brand.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing belief that if we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for our teams but also for our clients. “People First, Better Results” means that we invest in our people’s careers and capabilities to help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2018, this approach led MediaCom to become the first network to hold all six major Media Network of the Year titles concurrently: Adweek, Campaign, Cannes Lions, Festival of Media Global, M&M Global and WARC Media 100. The agency retained the WARC Media 100 title in 2019, also winning Agency of the Year (MediaCom Israel) and Campaign of the Year (Gillette – I Don’t Roll on Shabbos, MediaCom Connections Israel).
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$13.5 billion (Source: COMvergence, March 2019), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes Adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell, and Sony.
For more information, visit www.mediacom.com
Find us on Twitter @mediacomglobal
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/MediaComGlobalNews
Join us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/Mediacom
About the Philippines
In recent years, the Philippines has emerged as one of the fastest-growing economies in Southeast Asia. Al-Jazeera noted the market demonstrating “an unprecedented period of macro-economic buoyancy and political stability”, spurring both domestic and international business growth.
It is also one of the largest and fastest-growing digital markets in Southeast Asia, with growth expecting to increase exponentially in the next few years. With a population of 108m and where the internet penetration is predicted to hit 50% in 2017, coupled with the Philippines’ vibrant economic growth and the expansion of its digital footprint makes it an exciting place for media players and talent to be.