POSTED 02 NOV 2020
Programmatic, Biddable, Paid Media & SEO • Permanent (Full Time)
MediaCom – Paid Social Planner Buyer/Planner Hybrid Role
Overview of job
The goal is for MediaCom to become synonymous with a best-in-class media planning product that drives proven growth for our clients. Our Planners are an integral part of our core client teams and play a major role in the smooth day-to-day running of accounts. They contribute extensively to all stages of our Systems Planning process, from developing insights to idea generation and measuring performance.
Systems Planning is MediaCom’s unique approach to unlocking growth through the optimisation of our clients’ entire communications systems.
The Planning part of the job requires the individual to be inquisitive, collaborative, comfortable whether handling data or building creative ideas, and able to advise on all parts of the marcomms landscape (all paid, earned, and owned channels – current and future).
From a Paid Social perspective, the Planner will be responsible for the planning, account management, optimisation and reporting of social media advertising.
The combination of both parts of the job will see the planner truly responsible for end-to-end campaigns.
Overall, the candidate must be a strong team player who demonstrates a passion for their craft and a constant drive to expand their knowledge of the communications landscape and their client’s business.
Reporting of the role
This role reports into both a Paid Social Manager, and Planning Manager
3 best things about the job:
- You’ll be part of a Social team and planning team, working closely with all the digital and traditional media teams, providing you with a rounded view of how media works alongside other channels.
- You’ll have a close working relationship with media owners, creatives and clients; providing the opportunity and autonomy to drive change and grow our client’s business.
- You’ll be working on clients with large budgets, providing the opportunity to access Alphas/Betas.
Measures of success:
- Growing Our Clients’ Businesses: Client satisfaction/TRR on key clients. Work that is recognised by internal and external awards (winning and/or shortlisted).
- Growing Our Business: Perfect financial management of all accounts.
- Growing Our People: 360 review feedback.
- Growing Yourself: 1 new skill learnt.
In three months, you would have:
- Begun to build a strong relationship with your clients and become a trusted partner.
- Begun to develop an understanding of your client’s business, marketing, and the role media plays.
- Begun to develop a clear understanding of our Systems Planning approach and The System (our proprietary Planning tool).
- Begun to build an understanding of Paid Social, digital, data, and marketing technology, and how we use them to drive growth for our clients.
- Begun to build a clear understanding of MediaCom’s functions and how each specialist area can drive growth for your clients.
What you will need:
- Excellent time management, analytical and organisational skills
- To be passionate about all things social and planning
- Have an inquisitive and keen to learn attitude
- Strong organisational skills
- You will have managed Paid Social campaigns before on Facebook as a minimum, but other platforms are a bonus and can hit the ground running as a specialist from day 1
- You have strong inter-personal relationship skills and can always be an ambassador for both teams, both within the agency and at external client meetings and industry events.
- You will be someone who loves to work as part of a team.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en