POSTED 02 FEB 2021
Data, Analytics & Insight • Regular
About the Team:
Business Science and Analytics (BSA) is one of the fastest growing fields within MediaCom and focuses on (1) providing data and analytics services to our clients, (2) developing optimal processes for managing data and performing analytics and (3) innovating in methods and algorithms used for data and analytics. MediaCom Business Science and Analytics gives clients the power and confidence to make smarter investment decisions. The BSA team supplies a wide range of advanced measurement options to drive business, channel & campaign planning as well as support our teams in developing optimization for clients, helping to set clear action plans for improvement.
BSA is staffed by a team of professionals trained and dedicated to three specific areas: Cross Channel Measurement, Digital Analytics and Business Consultation. We recognize individual skillset and career aspirations when building teams and creating departmental development opportunities.
We are problem solvers at heart and apply data creatively working seamlessly with Planning and specialty functions. We like to share as well as teach and believe in data led decision making. We are passionate and enjoy the energy, variety, and fast-paced environment a media agency has to offer.
About the Role:
The senior analyst role acts as a key day-to-day strategic and execution contact for client deliverables including but not limited to measurement planning, campaign reporting, building and maintaining campaign dashboards, post-campaign analyses, media and creative testing/analysis, as well as competitive research and analysis. The individual will be expected to own project work, manage project timelines, deliverables and facilitate cross-agency workstreams.
- Work with senior level Insights and Analytics team members to develop project timelines and deliverable schedules across multiple initiatives
- Deliver projects independently, while proactively communicating project progress, issues, and deliverables to manager and director
- Ensure all client materials meet or exceed expectations (from content to quality) and are delivered on time
- Conduct client calls and bring in extended internal and external team members when necessary
- Establish a strong relationship with day-to-day clients through a demonstration of industry knowledge and an understanding of client’s business objectives
- Develop creative and media strategies in collaboration with cross-agency stakeholders
- Develop measurement plans and reports that are relevant to the client’s business and their test and learn agendas
- Research industry trends and facts sharing expertise to team
- Understand budget allocation process for media and fees across media platforms
- Analyze media and marketing data to understand what happened, why and what was the impact; build recommendations to improve future initiatives or develop best practices to apply across the enterprise
- Manipulate, clean and prep large amounts of data for ingestion into databases
- Use data visualization tool to publish data into meaningful client-facing dashboards
- Lead junior analysts in campaign/measurement setup, dashboard creation and other day to day tasks, while also managing his/her own timelines
Your Knowledge & Abilities:
- Strong analytical abilities, quantitative skills, and analytical orientation
- Ensure data quality and data documentation by executing data QA across multiple data sources, understanding sources of data to build analyses, documenting the process
- Determine the needs of the analysis, where information should be sourced, and the type of data needed
- Develop new data sources and data management tools to ensure most effective methods are used
- Basic to strong knowledge of data manipulation and statistical tools, such as SQL, R, SAS, and/or Python
- Compile large volumes of custom and syndicated data from disparate sources
- Understanding of marketing research and scientific methods a plus (i.e. Hypothesis Testing, Matched Market Testing, Regression Analyses and ANCOVA)
- Experience ingesting data into a data visualization tool such as Google Data Studio, Business Objects, Tableau, Datorama, etc.
- Ability to provide relevant, action oriented insights and summarize findings into a clear, concise story to clients, with help from manager and director
- Proficiency in MS office, especially Microsoft Excel (pivot table and advanced skills) and PowerPoint
PROJECT AND STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully with teams, and work under pressure to manage timelines and cross-agency and client expectations
- Ability to produce high quality work in a fast paced, dynamic environment to meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to own day-to-day activity on large analytical projects across multiple client teams and internally across WPP agencies
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Solid command and experience with Google Campaign Manager, Google AdWords, Facebook Business Manager, and other martech based data sources
- Knowledge of media industry custom and syndicated research tools, such as Nielsen, IRI, comScore, GFK/Simmons, Forrester, GWI, Lucid etc.
- Proven understanding of media metrics (e.g. buying models, CPV, VCR, GRP) and Quantitative business measures
- Knowledge of digital measurement technologies (ad servers, web analytics platforms, mobile measurement partners)
- 2-3 years' relevant work experience in digital analytics or marketing science at a marketing consulting firm, advertising agency, consultancy, or publisher
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in quantitative marketing, economics, mathematics, statistics, finance, engineering, or a science
- Ability to take initiative, be curious, and create opportunities
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators. We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, Richemont and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. Our Systems Thinking approach combines data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business. All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy. We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why we are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom!
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.