POSTED 28 JAN 2021
Comms & Strategic Planning • Permanent (Full Time)
International Strategy Manager
Department / Team
About the client and team
adidas has created some of the world’s best performing sports shoes and infused fashion and lifestyle with its creativity. With its “Creating the New” business strategy, it has seen an unparalleled trajectory in the sector. The brand is both a reflection of its past and the driver of its future.
adidas have set ambitious goals over the next 3 years and will partner with MediaCom strategically, operationally and commercially to succeed. One of Mediacom’s largest global clients, adidas media activation spans 57 markets worldwide
The adidas global team is composed of account, planning and digital functions. The team is responsible for strategic guidance as well as governance, developing global guidelines and sharing best practice with regional teams and local markets with a view to drive consistency, best practice and reduce duplication. The strategy team that sits within this global function is the strategic engine room for the global business. Through analysis of a rich array of 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data, they create the insights and formulate the strategies to drive the adidas brand and product portfolio forward.
The Role Objective
This is a new role, created to reinforce the strategic hub of the business in London.
You will work alongside two Strategy ADs and a Global Strategy Director in generating a range of key strategic outputs:
You will also collaborate with regional and local counterparts in creating local/ regional strategic documents (where campaigns are region-specific) and in the adaptation of your global strategies into strong local/ regional plans
In this role you will:
- Generate and validate strategic insights through analysis of a range of global and local data
- (Co)Create Global Guidelines and present them to global and local clients and Mediacom markets
- Work closely with markets on strategic implementation to ensure global strategies are locally suitable
- Work closely with clients in generating world class work
- Ideate and innovate
- Collaborate with a range of different creative agencies on the adidas roster
- Create other strategic documents on an adhoc basis
- Collaborate closely with all members of the global team
- Apply appropriate Mediacom tools and systems to ensure – and elevate – best practice
- Be a member of a very close knit ‘adidas family’
- Have fun!
To be successful you’ll:
• View the communications and media landscape as an integrated and connected system
• Understand the benefit and inter-relationship between long-term, upper-funnel comms and short-term lower-funnel outcomes
• Deliver planning guidelines for hubs and markets
• Be hungry to Grow planning best-practice across all agency teams
• Interface with the other specialist function units across the wider local, regional and global teams
• Cooperate and collaborate extensively
• Understand global platforms and publishers as well as key local players
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
Experienced Media Planner
• Proven planning skills – leading or co-leading the development of media plans (global or local)
• Strong understanding of media planning theory, media behaviours and landscape
• Highly organised with an ability to manage multiple workstreams effectively and efficiently
• Strong, clear communication with clients, network and other agency partners
• You have good written and verbal communication skills, ability to build strong relationships with clients and networks, strong at presenting
Insightful analytical thinker with an attention for detail
• Good at handling data and extracting learnings
High energy and a sports fan
• Committed and passionate about what you do!
• Passionate about sports and connected to youth culture
Languages and international experience
• Fluent English mandatory
• Other European languages and cultural experience a major bonus!
• International planning experience not necessarily required but potentially advantageous
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom