POSTED 04 FEB 2021
Talent, HR, People & Culture • Permanent (Full Time)
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2020 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Eurobest and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Groupe PSA, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
People Team Overview
The global MediaCom People team partner with the senior leadership and the Worldwide Hub teams. In addition, we work collaboratively with locally based HR and Talent teams to deliver transformational people strategies and operations across every one of our +100 markets. We fully integrate with our client groups across the business to truly understand our business challenges, opportunities and source of competitive advance. We are represented at every level of our business, including playing a key and influential role at board/EXCO level.
Our remit is more than traditional HR; through our talent and development brief we focus on optimising individual, team and organisational performance. That includes how we structure our business, design our teams, operationalise our business strategy and optimise the symbiotic relationship between our people and our global performance.
For the right individual with the ability to clearly see the big picture and deliver integrated people centric solutions to our business and directly to our clients, this role is a key part of our People team.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Strategic advisor to the global account leaders regarding key organisation and client account teams
- Align people strategy and team structure and design to client team business strategy
- Fosters culture within the client accounts aligned with MediaCom’s People First initiatives
- Leveraging and contributing to the overall MediaCom People team
- Builds strong succession plans and pipeline for the client account teams, working with key partners and stakeholders across GroupM centres of value and WPP as needed e.g. talent teams
- Sets and tracks performance development (goals, KPI’s) for client account, working collaborative with operational people teams contacts in each market as needed.
- Career Advocacy and retention for global account teams/client groups
- Leadership Strategy and senior succession planning for global accounts
- Wellbeing, culture champion and DE&I commitment and delivery for global client accounts
- Helping to support new business initiatives and existing client business growth strategies
- Learning & Development – upskilling and reskilling to stay ahead of client changes and needs
- People analytics and analysis to informed talent strategies and plans
- Other Ad hoc projects as may be required
Experience & Key Skills Required
- Client-centric organisation experience
- Strong relationship manager and senior stakeholder relationship
- Ideally experience, working internationally and across different cultures and countries
- Good analytical and strategic skills
- Strong driver, self-starter and enabler
- Be excited about data-driven talent and performance strategies
- Love being part of a global network and working with diverse client groups
- Thrive delivering a change agenda and managing ambiguity
- Hands-on, completer/finisher who is able to assimilate data effectively
- Have clear communication and presentation skills
- Enjoy working across cultures
- Multiple language skills would be a significant advantage. English is our international business language and proficiency both written and verbal is therefore required.