POSTED 05 FEB 2021
Data, Analytics & Insight • Permanent (Full Time)
Hello. We are MediaCom.
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2020 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Eurobest and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Groupe PSA, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
Overview of job:
We are looking for an enthusiastic Research Assistant to work in our Systems Intelligence team as focussing on quantitative research and analysis. As a Research Assistant you will be involved in working with the UK’s top brands on all stages of the research process, assisting with design, implementation, analysis, and interpretation of quantitative research studies.
Responsibilities of the role:
- To work closely with the wider team to support on projects from helping to write the proposal to presenting to clients
- Conducting relevant background / desk research
- To become a desktop tool expert, learning how to use industry tools and providing support to the agency on these tools
- Conducting data analysis and generating insights for our clients
- Designing questionnaires
- Helping to write and deliver client presentations
- To build an understanding of the comms planning process and build a network of contacts around the agency
Measures of success:
In three months, you would have:
- Gained an understanding of how the agency operates, and how Systems Intelligence work fits in
- An overview and been involved in elements of the quantitative market research project life cycle – from proposal to final client debrief
In six months, you would have:
- Got involved with the day to day running of research studies including writing questionnaires, checking data tables, charting and notetaking
In 12 months, you would have:
- Worked on several research studies, from proposal to debrief, and presented sections of the deck to clients
What you will need:
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and other MS office packages
- To be a strong team player
- Genuine interest in the world of advertising and communications
- An inquisitive nature
- Ability to understand, manipulate and interpret large data sets
- Knowledge of statistical packages such as SPSS or R would be beneficial but not essential
Mediacom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.