POSTED 18 SEP 2020
MediaCom - Account Management/Client Services/Media Planning • Media Planning • Full-Time
Objective of the role
The Digital Associate Director is responsible for the day to day running of clients’ activities as to ensure its overall strategic goal, with a strong digital understanding of all channels, understanding of how digital fits into the multi-media connected system. Builds connected systems and identify opportunities to connect with other media. Develop the digital capability of our Talent both digital and non-digital.
デジタルアソシエイトディレクターは、すべてのチャンネルのデジタルを理解し、デジタルがどのようにmulti-media connected systemに適合するかを理解した上で、クライアントの全体的な戦略的目標を確実にするためクライアントの活動を日々実行する役割を担います。また、デジタル、ノン・デジタル両方のタレントのデジタル能力開発を支援する立場です。
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Client Lead by providing expertise on specialist area
- Provide insight and analysis to the Client Lead to support the development of data driven strategic recommendations for the client
- Work closely with the Client Lead and the Strategy team to produce best in class campaign strategy, plan and rationale documents, for both digital and offline media.
- Be the custodian of your client's advertising presence on digital platforms & the go-to-person on all matters social.
Client Account Management
- Develop strong relationships with clients, be their go to person for anything digital.
- Work with wider teams and outsourced partners to ensure delivery that serves the client’s needs.
- Anticipate the client’s needs and set up internal process to meet / exceed them
- Lead on relevant part of client meetings, QBRs, etc.
- Keep your client leads up to date on social best practices - content, platforms, and tools within the paid social ecosystem.
Operating and Technical Requirements
- Expertise in performance media platforms, including Google marketing stack, Ad serving technologies and biddable media platforms.
- Meticulous, detail-oriented and able to QC data and operations for accuracy and compliance
- Analyse data and deliver insights that adds value for future campaigns
- Lead briefing process and discussions with media partners.
- Review partner proposals and take lead role in shaping them to align with campaign objectives and ensure the strategy has been fulfilled.
- Establish and deliver tracking of campaigns status and update the teams and the client in a structured and timely way.
- Control and improve the quality of the teams’ work output.
- Manage Planner / Media Exec to ensure campaign planning and execution (including ad operations and biddable operations) are on target and meeting client expectations.
- Work with client and global team to implement all technologies that are required (ex: tracking, audience measuring, DSP).
- Work collaboratively with the MediaCom and GroupM colleagues across the market to develop the capability, skills and knowledge of our digital talent
- Be willing to train, mentor and provide direction to team members.
- Set clear KPIs’ that focus on individual’s key behaviours and areas for improvement.
- Flags up any serious performance issues immediately and seek help to manage them accordingly.
- Take a hands-on approach to role, with the necessary digital platform expertise to QC or troubleshoot issues around set up or tracking where necessary
- Stay on top of new developments in the industry and readily suggest the new technology and/or beta tests to the client.
- Meets regularly with media owners to them keep up to date with the latest digital trends.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Product: outstanding plan execution & operational excellence. KPI Digital Specific KPIs
- Client: satisfaction, retention and growth, contributing to a high TRR score for Digital Planning. KPI TRR score
- People: identification and retention of high performers, team engagement at all levels. KPI 360 scores, retention of team
- Commercial: client profitability. KPI Client profitability target
- Personal development: positive My360 feedback from manager, peers and clients.
Education, skills and behaviors
- 5+ years experience in digital performance media planning or execution (especially Programmatic, SEM, Ad Ops experience)
- 3+ years in a team lead or manager position preferred
- Numerate and analytical
- Bilingual preferred; Japanese and English; with fluency in one language and business communication in the other.
- PC literate (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Strong target orientation e.g. very results driven, ability to work effectively to targets.
- デジタルパフォーマンスメディアプランニング・実行経験5年以上（特にプログラマティック、SEM、Ad Ops 経験）
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
Founded in 1986 and established in Japan for over 10 years, we have grown to become 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We are proud to be recognized as the Japan Media Agency of the Year in both 2017 and 2018 with a Silver Award in 2019. With clients including Adidas, Mars, SK-II, Dell, The Coca-Cola Corporation, Cartier, IKEA, Peugeot and Citroen, working at MediaCom is a gateway to working with leading global brand organisations and connecting to people across the planet.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
Our focus is on providing long term, rewarding careers and we know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference and have built in flexibility that reflects the many different ways in which people work and succeed. And its why we actively encourage participation in our Global Mobility programme with opportunities to live and work around the world.
We are super connected and our employees contribute to and shape the working environment, from promoting work-life balance and well-being to organising team events and celebrations.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, connected and enthusiastic people in a stable and rewarding environment? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
Japan is both the world’s third-largest media market and third-largest e-commerce market. As one of the first markets to develop a full mobile e-commerce ecosystem circa 2001 to 2002, Japanese digital consumers are experienced and discerning; digital marketing campaigns are sophisticated, multi-layered labor of love. While growth is lower in this mature market, e-commerce is projected to increase by 12% in 2016, 11% in 2017 – emerging technologies are driving substantial growth. Programmatic spend across all devices has seen a 156% increase between 2012 and now, with mobile Programmatic spend expected to grow 174% between now and 2017. If you want to excel in a mature, refined media advertising atmosphere and reach savvy consumers with equally-savvy media plans, Japan is the place to be.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.