POSTED 31 DEC 2020
Data, Analytics & Insight • Permanent (Full Time)
Business Science Worldwide – Data Analyst
Set up over twenty year ago; this specialist analytics team is part of the Systems Intelligence Unit within MediaCom. Business Science ensures MediaCom delivers meaningful Outcomes for our clients by measuring what matters and hard-wiring insights back into the planning and buying processes to drive business results.
The Worldwide team acts as a catalyst for many of our global clients ensuring best practice across a range of disciplines such as: budgeting, KPI & measurement frameworks, results management and reporting outcomes. We often conduct measurement studies; bringing in other teams as appropriate. The key clients we are currently recruiting for are Adidas, Universal and Mars.
Objectives of the Role
This is a great opportunity to work with local markets and central team members to deliver new, hero planning tools and contribute to the development of the toolkit used at the heart of our Systems Thinking way of working.
You will be working on the most used stage within our planning System - Planner, plus other client-specific projects that support our Global network of users. These products will be fundamental to improving our work as MediaCom teams across the world and help set us apart from competitors.
This system brings together data from across WPP, GroupM and MediaCom and is our new global way of working. It also will involve working with key decision makers at both a global and local market level to improve our products and help adoption globally. This role involves working closely with local market teams across the network to gather data, train and support their use of the tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with markets and develop good relationships to get good quality media data and feedback
- Work collaboratively with Global Insight, Strategy, and Systems Planning teams to ensure progress of tool adoption and future development of key stages of The System
- Support and help with other data projects and tools which sit alongside The System and are key to client business and market knowledge.
- Help users understand the tools at both an entry and expert level. Be the go-to person for data questions around these tools
- Produce training materials and help local teams to support themselves
- Support client teams and New Business in using and understanding the tools
- Help to upsell Business Science projects for bespoke client calibration
- Gather good examples of usage and circulate best practice examples
- As part of a small Worldwide team we would expect you to work collaboratively and constructively with immediate colleagues and the wider client teams
- You will need to keep line managers up to date with project progress; including anticipating problem areas in advance
- Engage with the personal appraisal programme (MY360) that supports your development and progression within the company
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- An understanding and appreciation of marketing and media landscape is ideal. Either Global experience or working in local markets
- Analytical experience and attention to detail crucial
- Understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements
- Keen to develop a detailed understanding of the data available for analysis so the context is understood, and results are pertinent
- Self-driven/proactive candidate will get the most out of the role
Qualifications and Experience
- Effective communicator & interpersonal skills: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. This role is about getting the best info from local markets – so effective communication and diplomacy is key
- Problem solving: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Contributing to effective Teamwork: work cooperatively and effectively with others, help resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Organisation: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals – reporting back to team with progress
- Strong numerical skills needed
- Planning: Create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results
- Knowledge of Excel and/or SQL would be an advantage but not required