POSTED 11 NOV 2020
Media Planning, Implementation & Activation • Permanent (Full Time)
AV IMPLEMENTATION PLANNER – SKY & NOW TV
MediaCom handles the media planning and buying for some of the world's smartest advertisers. Supported by keen consumer insight, analysis and experience, we are part of the largest media planning and buying network in the world.
The role is for an Implementational AV Planner within a wider planning and buying team at working across Sky and NOW TV. The role involves working closely with the Communications Planning team who own the client relationship and develop the audience insight and strategic planning work. The successful candidate will also work closely with the buying and commercial team across Sky and NOW TV, ensuring that we are delivering against the commercial requirements for both Sky and MediaCom.
As part of the AV planning team, you will be a vital part of the system thinking at the agency, which leads our planning process. Understanding and developing AV and the latest technologies is fundamental to us delivering brilliant work for our clients and is behind much of our award-winning work. You will also work closely with planning specialists in other media to formulate a connected response.
Who does the role report into?
The AV Planner will work across one of the UK’s largest accounts Sky and NOW TV, reporting into the AV Manager and Senior Planner. The work will be best in class, driving innovation and understanding how AV complements and works alongside other media to deliver more successful media campaigns and ultimately drive better results.
Working on the biggest piece of business at MediaCom, this role represents an incredible opportunity for an individual to shine.
The nature of the work will mean exposure to a wide range of brand building activity, planning across the breadth of AV channels, including fully integrated TV and Audio partnerships and building an understanding of how AV and digital work together.
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- The opportunity to work on one of the biggest advertisers in the UK – Sky and NOW TV.
- You will be part of a wider AV planning team with best in class implementation at the heart. You will have the opportunity to work closely with specialists in other media to ensure joined up thinking.
- Our clients are looking for people who want to take a lead role in driving forward all facets of the media mix, from applying data in new ways to building creative and innovative partnerships with media owners.
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 -6 months?
- A good understanding of Mediacom’s planning tools and data points and be able use them effectively to build rationale
- Developed strong AV + Audio planning skills
- Working in a multi-media team to deliver connected responses and present back to the client
What you will need:
- We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic AV planner
- They should have experience planning across TV and VOD. Radio and Cinema planning would also benefit the candidate.
- An understanding of the changing AV landscape and the rise of addressable AV and CTV would be a big plus.
- We are looking for someone passionate about the opportunities that come from AV, data and technology.
- They will be eager to find insights to inform and back up their planning recommendations and proactively seek out learning opportunities to further develop their thinking.
- Ability to tell compelling implementation stories (with the aim to interweave roles, flighting, weights, formats of different media and how they interrelate)
- Proven offline understanding
- Strong presentation and communication skills with excellent written & verbal English language skills/grammar
- A positive and passionate approach that motivates the team around you
- Independent worker who can own and manage relationships confidently
- Drive to execute new ideas and be at the forefront of new industry developments
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Expertise on TechEdge, DDS, eTelmar to aid and assist planning
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*