POSTED 04 NOV 2020
Programmatic, Biddable, Paid Media & SEO • Permanent (Full Time)
Overview of job
As Performance Content Manager it will be your key responsibility to move client campaigns from insights, through to execution and post campaign analysis. You will plan, direct and manage the performance of all content to maintain and develop business growth in accordance with the overall strategy of the SEO and wider MBA Team.
As a senior member of our Performance Content offering you will be responsible for owning operational excellence within the team and for ensuring organisational effectiveness by managing and organising the team's output across its three principle areas – Editorial, Outreach and Digital PR. You will be required to work with departments across MediaCom and wider agencies, contributing to the development and implementation of organisational strategies and procedures, regularly updating the business with new initiatives and opportunities.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is ready to expediate an already successful team to the next level, and work with some of the world’s biggest brands and top agencies.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the UK Head of SEO and Performance Content AD.
3 best things about the job:
- Adventurous and pioneering clients who want to succeed in search and content
- The team - both the immediate core team and the wider departments we work with are fantastic. It’s great to be able to tap into the wealth of knowledge and experience here at MediaCom across all departments.
- Outstanding personal development, training and learning opportunities, such as online learning, incredible guest speakers and dedicated Google days hosted at our offices.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Developed strong relationships with your day to day clients
- Delivered excellence in SEO strategy and implementation
In six months, you would have:
- Led development of new SEO approaches and products areas
- Demonstrated confidence feeding into projects’ SEO strategies
- Ownership of finance and operations related to accounts managed
In 12 months, you would have:
- Become the trusted “go-to” person for internal teams with regards to SEO
Responsibilities of the role:
- Coordinating internal resources (team and project management) and third parties/vendors ensuring all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, the allocated hours, and budget
- Working with Heads of Department (HoDs), and SEO Managers/ADs in the definition of project scopes and objectives, developing a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Working with HoDs and wider MBA and MediaCom stakeholders in refining and expanding the Performance Content offering (Editorial, Outreach and Digital PR) with a particular focus on creating more original content campaigns and expanding our Editorial and Digital PR footprint
- First port of call for all internal Performance Content requests, ensuring every project brief is clear, commercially viable, and internal/external deadlines and expectations are managed in relation to the workload and business objectives of the SEO and Performance Content team
- Researching and building relationships with specialist content suppliers who can help deliver our KPIs for campaigns
- Steering the performance management process that measures and evaluates the project/teams’ progress against goals
- Performing risk management to minimise project risks and report and escalate to management as needed
- Responsible for managing all finance and administration within the team, including and not limited to: supplier set-up, budget tracking, finance bookings, supplier management etc
- Work with the wider Mediacom teams to ensure our approach is integrated
- Be a vocal advocate for Performance Content and SEO with internal and external stakeholders
What you will need:
- Strong experience within an SEO, content, outreach, and/or link building management role with an exceptional understanding of innovative content marketing, audience research, social, SEO and PR strategies
- Proven success in delivering results driven Performance Content campaigns utilising data and SEO-led insight and demonstrating ROI
- Excellent knowledge and practical use of SEO and Content tools and practices
- Project management experience of medium-large SEO EMEA-based projects. Further International experience is beneficial
- Demonstrable success in managing projects under pressure
- Experience managing team workloads and resource forecasting and allocation
- Ability to identify out-of-scope opportunities and raise to the appropriate internal stakeholders
- Proven client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project Management qualifications (e.g. PRINCE II, Agile) - desirable
Essential personal qualities:
- Highly motivated and able to work and learn independently and as part of a team
- Ability to take responsibility for own work and to make sure that others deliver in support of you
- Confidence and resilience
- Flexibility - willingness to pick up tasks for others
- Quick to learn, and keen to develop
- Attention to detail
MediaCom have one of the most innovative, passionate and successful digital performance teams in the UK, providing clients with best-in-class digital services across Paid Search, SEO, Data, Programmatic Display, Paid Social and other performance media.
As The Content + Connections Agency, we believe everything is connected. At MediaCom, our unique approach to planning and buying across Paid, Owned and Earned media optimises our clients’ entire system, not just individual channel silos. ‘Content’ is any form of consumer messaging that connects brands to their consumers, while ‘Connections’ ensures no dead ends or wastage through disconnected content.
We look beyond our own expertise and assess the bigger picture: How do we all play a role within our clients’ broader communications system? Through our uniquely connected eco-system of diverse communications experts working we achieve this - interpreting the bigger picture and fuelling future business success.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en