POSTED 28 JAN 2021
Data, Analytics & Insight • Permanent (Full Time)
Senior Engineer – Technology
Working within the Media Technology team to ensure the efficient implementation of ad-serving, web analytics, audience tracking and optimisation technologies for digital advertising. A Senior Technology Engineer understands various digital technology ways of working and can work closely with our programmatic and buying teams to effectively activate digital campaigns. They need to have excellent technical knowledge, effective communication skills and an extensive experience in implementation. A successful Senior Technology Engineer can handle the day-to-day setup of their campaigns, liaising with their manager to ensure tracking requirements are met, as well as developing a trusted relationship with their colleagues in other MediaCom departments and with the client’s media team.
Who does the role report into?
You will report into Media Technology Associate Director
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- Opportunity to continuously learn on the job
- Working at the forefront of digital technology which is forever growing.
- Fun-working atmosphere and team culture
What are the measures of success?
In three months, you would have:
- Developed strong working relationships with your internal stakeholders.
- Started to build an understanding of your major accounts and how they can be improved in the future.
- Been delivering accurate campaign setups and thorough testing.
In six months, you would have:
- Build a relationship with your major client’s digital team and relevant 3rd party partners.
- Started to progress technical solutions for the benefit of growing the accounts and commercial opportunity at MediaCom.
- Developed a good grasp of your major accounts and how the various teams in the agency interact to produce best in class digital work.
- Ability to effectively contribute to the workload of the team.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Developed strong relationships with your client teams and 3rd party partners building their trust in your expertise.
- Fully implement some of the proposed technical solutions for the betterment of the account.
- Understand the annual trends in the client’s digital activity and idealise some of the ways of working and best practice for the next 12 months.
- Work closely with your virtual team including your manager to ensure all work is of a high standard.
Responsibilities of the role
- Ensure efficient implementation of campaigns, whilst thoroughly managing the ad-server network, ensuring best practice is followed and maintained.
- Ensure that all web analytics, targeting and other optimisation technologies are implemented correctly in the execution of digital advertising campaigns.
- To be experienced in using Google Campaign Manager, Flashtalking or any other named 3rd party ad-server.
- To liaise with the relevant creative agencies to ensure that all creative meets requirements and is effectively executed, with a focus on any dynamic creative approach.
- Analyse and develop tracking on the client’s digital properties to ensure effective user and conversion measurement takes place.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external teams to ensure all conventions and processes are accurately followed.
- To ensure efficient implementation of the automation systems and programs across multiple clients.
- To be responsible for the automation and maintenance of key clients reporting processes.
- To keep up to date with the tools and systems within the team and apply any improvements/new features to improve client reporting.
- To be able to test new software and evaluate if it should be used.
- To be able to manage workload in the Shared Inbox ensuring all stakeholders are informed and clear on what is being delivered.
- Able to identify quickly any potential issues and discuss workable solutions with the Engineers, Senior Engineers and Management.
- Responds positively to requests for help or support
- To support audience implementation function which includes creating tagging strategies to follow consumer journeys across client's website, building audiences from 1st, 2nd or 3rd party data sources or also generating insights to answer planning briefs.
- Responsibility for developing relationships with our internal account teams.
- Can present information effectively either via conference call, email or face to face
- Understands and demonstrates collaborative team working and citizenship.
- Engage with efforts to combat the changes in the digital landscape, such as the demise of the cookie or complying with consent mechanisms put in place for user data security
What will you need?
- At least 2 years’ experience in a digital technology, ad operations or similar role.
- In depth experience of trafficking and campaign management.
- Understanding of a variety of different digital channels.
- Strong knowledge of measurement tools and adservers (e.g Nielsen, DCM, Flashtalking)
- A wider knowledge of the full Google Stack including Google Analytics.
- A keen eye for spotting issues and developing improvements where necessary.
- Good communicator and great customer service.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders
- Enthusiasm for learning
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, with a strong attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving and process.
- Commercial awareness and understanding
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*