POSTED 29 JAN 2021
New Business & Marketing • Regular
Job Title: Senior Associate, Business Development
Department / Team: New Business Development
We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive person to join our exciting New Business team! You will be responsible for providing project management (logistical and administrative) support, as well as media insights and research support, across all new business efforts at MediaCom.
• Act as the central distribution point for all materials in the new business department
• Responsible for room setup and all preparations for meetings and events
• Stock inventory of MediaCom collateral and presentation materials
• Accountable for taking notes during meetings, conference report generation/distribution
• Assist in writing, proofing and designing of presentations, including RFIs and agency collateral materials, including brochures, case studies, employee bios, etc.
• Coordinate preparation of all presentation materials with design team and/or vendors
• Coordinate with audio-visual on all pitch video productions
• Manage agency documents ensuring that they are current, including RFI responses, client lists, etc.
• Conduct research on potential clients, as needed
• Responsible for the maintenance of all New Business/Marketing electronic files, including RFI database, headshots and bios
• Fully understand branding guidelines and serve as a “brand ambassador” for the agency
- Support New Business research needs in relation to audience, brand and media insights
- Collect and analyze regular reports, presentations and projects, as well as ad-hoc requests as needed
- Conduct strategic analysis of MRI and other syndicated research to develop insights for planning and buying teams
YOUR PEOPLE SKILLS:
• Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Ability to work successfully within a team as well as independently
• Gives input when developing new ideas to be used where relevant by the wider team
• Uses time effectively and efficiently to prioritize and accomplish tasks, ensuring their work is prepared to help wider team meet given deadlines
• Acts as a support to the team to ensure delivery of targets and objectives; seeks out new learning opportunities that are offered by the business; establishes constructive and collaborative relationships with team/work colleagues
• Remains calm under pressure; adopts a questioning approach to clarify or more carefully understand an issue; demonstrates courage and confidence to speak up and seek advice
YOUR KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Experience with Nielsen, MRI, Kantar Stradegy, Pathmatics and other media research third-party data providers a plus
• Office administration skills, including general clerical skills (filing, typing, copying, phones, etc.)
• Effective written communications skills, including proofreading for grammar and spelling, meticulous attention to detail
• Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain a professional manner in all dealing with customers, staff and others
• Ability to work in a deadline-driven team environment
• Ability to keep all work related information confidential as necessary
• Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• 2+ years prior experience desired
• Strong computer skills a must; knowledge of graphic software (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator) a plus
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
Take A Virtual Office Tour: https://roundme.com/tour/318758/view/1048040/
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.