POSTED 02 MAR 2021
MediaCom - Programmatic, Biddable, Paid Media & SEO • Performance • Full-Time
3 best things about the job:
- It is performance to drive brand’s own channel development. It is where the industry is heading and presents some of the most exciting and developing work available in digital today.
- Data driven advertising is spearheaded by the BAT in China and you will work closely with the major media publishers in the market to drive this for our agency.
- You will be part of a growing digital leadership team at one of the biggest media agencies in China.
- Solution innovation
- Client satisfaction
- New business contribution
Position of the role
This role reports to the Head of Data, MediaCom China. As the performance director you will be charged with leading and developing a category, which is only now beginning its ascendency.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Client Development: Work with client leads to ensure performance acceleration of existing clients including new services and digital revenue share shift & growth
- New Business Development:Work with team on key pitches, driving the performance element.
- Digital Product Development: Play a key role in building into the digital product the benefits/offerings/products and ways of working across key publishers in China, including but not limited to BAT data offerings.
- Work closely with GroupM programmatic and performance teams to bridge best from the Group into MediaCom.
- Talent Development: Talent management & specialist community development
- On-going thought leadership in relevant industry & category initiatives such as white papers / public speaking / landscape & trend reports / awards judging
Tasks & Measurement
In three months:
- Up-to-speed and taken ownership of the performance business at MediaCom
- Built a good relationship with the key decision makers on client side and within agency
- Establish trusted relationship clients and internal teams. Independently solve the request raising from clients and internal teams.
In six months:
- Developed out MediaComs data driven advertising offering. Working with data partners in the market as well as internally at GroupM.
- Taken control of major clients running programmatic and improved the operation across these.
- Actively support digital output and strategy on major China integrated pitches, and potential support on regional/global pitches
- Independently provide quality service to clients and teams.
- Provide the direction in programmatic related proposals.
In 12 months:
- Responsible for driving performance Innovation and data driven advertising topics across the whole agency.
- Cemented the value stream with key data partners in the market.
- Represents MediaCom internally & externally in Digital related topics.
- Contribute to new business
- Maintain good relationship with SP team and client.
- Clearly knows where to find the resource to solve client’s needs in programmatic.
What you will need:
- Strong programmatic experience. At least 1 years working hands on with programmatic campaigns within China
- A strong understanding/knowledge/connections with the programmatic space in China. Offerings, models, publishers, inventory
- Strong understanding of the data available within the market for data driven advertising. BAT, mobile data, exchange data, DSP data, vertical data etc
- Experience in eCommerce is also a big plus
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Existing connections within the digital space in China across publishers and vendors
More about Mediacom
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
Founded in 1986 and established in Japan for over 10 years, we have grown to become 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We are proud to be recognised as the Japan Media Agency of the Year in both 2017 and 2018 with a Silver Award in 2019. With clients including Adidas, Mars, SK-II, Dell, The Coca-Cola Corporation, Cartier, IKEA, Peugeot and Citroen, working at MediaCom is a gateway to working with leading global brand organisations and connecting to people across the planet.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
Our focus is on providing long term, rewarding careers and we know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference and have built in flexibility that reflects the many different ways in which people work and succeed. And its why we actively encourage participation in our Global Mobility programme with opportunities to live and work around the world.
We are super connected and our employees contribute to and shape the working environment, from promoting work-life balance and well-being to organising team events and celebrations.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, connected and enthusiastic people in a stable and rewarding environment? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom.
GroupM is the leading global media investment management company for WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, and the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. Responsible for more than US $108B in annual media investment by some of the world’s largest advertisers, GroupM agencies deliver an advantage to clients with unrivaled insights into media marketplaces and consumer audiences. GroupM enables its agencies and clients with trading expertise, data, technology and an array of specialty services including addressable TV, content and sports. GroupM works closely with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar, and together they account for almost 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than US $19B. GroupM delivers unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.