POSTED 09 FEB 2021
Programmatic, Biddable, Paid Media & SEO • Permanent (Full Time)
Digital Senior Planning Buyer
We are looking for a Digital Senior Planner Buyer to join the Uber team, working on the UK business across both Uber rides and Uber eats.
MediaCom was recently named as Uber’s global agency of record for digital and offline media across North America, Latin America, EMEA and Asia. This is a huge opportunity to be part of an industry changing dynamic that makes a genuine difference through communications, joining the team now will give the person who takes this role a real opportunity to champion digital as a key driver to the success of this new account.
This role will predominantly focus on Uber’s Digital strategy and planning via Display and Online Video but will also be expected to collaborate and build knowledge across their PPC, SEO, Paid Social and Tech skillset. As they move towards a digital first approach, this role will bridge the gap between comms planning and digital, supporting the planning and strategy across these brands. The role will report to the Digital Manager with a dotted line to the Digital Associate Director.
The SPB should have a great level of knowledge of the UK digital landscape and be well versed in planning / buying digital media across both DR and Brand. You should have good communication and project management skills. You will also work closely with other media specialists to deliver integrated, 360 plans, often using your initiative in developing the connected system using digital to link other media channels as well as understanding how other media plans fit in the system. The SPB will be responsible for delivering best in class digital work as well as the output of a team of planners and execs with the support of your Manager and AD.
The SPB should also have an appetite to learn more about comms planning and a data-led approach to audiences and activation.
Who does the role report into?
You will report into Digital Manager
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- Working on MediaCom’s recent stunning global win within the UK team at a pivotal time where we can further develop Uber’s approach to digital and data
- Opportunity to learn more about comms planning and data strategy
- Surrounded by a brilliant – and fun - team of experts
What are the measures of success?
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Be competent in managing your own workload
- Understand how your new role fits into the team
- Built visibility and trust with multiple stakeholders – both internally and externally. They will see you as a reliable and trusted digital advisor
- Showcased exceptional project management skills through the delivery of multiple campaigns
- Servicing and responding to designated clients’ ongoing daily requirements
- Be able to support junior members of the team in the production and presentation of weekly campaign reporting calls and PCAs, assess and comment on the performance of our campaigns and recommend improvements to drive efficiencies
In six months, you would have:
- Championed existing and pioneered new processes to ensure output and project management across products is executed efficiently and consistently
- Delivered brilliant work to the client - building innovation into our plans, whether this is through smart tech, data, creative or audience insight
- Developed a point of view on our plans’ performance and be able to make recommendations for improving YOY results
- Built strong relationships with your media owners, be keeping up to date with the latest developments from these media owners for your key clients
- Ensuring finance best practise is used on all campaigns
In 12 months, you would have:
- Been regularly working closely with the Manager/Associate Director on the day to day digital and planning output across all departments in MediaCom for your clients, taking ownership of this
- Developed strong commercial acumen and an in-depth understanding of the client’s business, that translate in the way you execute digital strategy and campaigns
- Fully understand the role digital plays in the overall client business and what your role can do to help maximise the effectiveness
- Delivered improvements in client satisfaction scores
What will you need?
- Excel at time management
- Have the ability to multi-task and organisation skills
- Support meetings and conference calls with internal teams and clients with a view to lead
- Be a self-starter, and won’t be afraid to challenge the client or ask them a question
- Prioritise workload, making sure the most urgent things are completed first
- Develop relationships with day to day clients and internally with other departments
- Work closely with the Manager/Associate Director on the day to day digital output for your clients (working with all departments across the company)
- Understand the role of all digital channels within your plans
- Present responses to briefs
- Develop a good understanding of the clients’ businesses and competitive set
- Be reactive, and able to accommodate last minute client requests
- Support innovation and education amongst the wider Digital team and Comms planners
- Build and maintain key relationships with priority and preferred media owners/ technology partners
- Understand commercial pressures and have a full understanding of the role of investment within your planning and buying
- Work with Comms team to integrate digital into ATL
- Control quality of output from the team
- Have the ability to delegate, up and downwards, to coordinate between groups and departments and to be able to sell strategies, initiatives and ideas convincingly
- Provide regular feedback (both positive and negative) to the team on a regular basis
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*