POSTED 17 JAN 2021
Comms & Strategic Planning • Permanent (Full Time)
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Mars, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
- Oversees/understands the whole product – from strategy to planning to buying delivery
- Delivers the Mars scope of work
- Is responsible for and delivers against annual performance and financial targets
- Ensures daily co-ordination of all local SoW activities to optimise reporting and best practice sharing across the MediaCom network and with Mars worldwide.
Analysis and Insight
- Utilising Mediacom available apps & tools (mAllocate, mScreen, mInsight, The system), develop opportunities for Mars based on competitor analysis and consumer insights.
- Is able to understand complex concepts and makes decisions that are judged to be accurate and successful.
- To guide and lead the client by providing business relevant insights which assist in improving account performance and client satisfaction.
- Comply with all internal reporting requirements in line with Mediacom and client expectations.
- Maintain regular dialogue with the client to monitor progress and results
- Provide and manage comprehensive centralised desktop reporting systems to deliver management information at local level, including competitive & core KPI dash-boarding – e.g. spend, weight levels, competitive spend, by medium, month, campaign etc.
- Set standards for all agency deliverables and hold appropriate team members accountable for overall quality control
- Complies with and contribute towards all quality assurance mechanisms in place, particularly in relation to all client facing material/content.
- Ensures the defined workflow process is adhered to across the network and are responsible for quality control
- Delivers results within pre-determined and agreed timeframes.
- Ensures full compliance will all internal and client processes.
- Contributes towards the continual improvement of internal product and processes
- Provide a clear vision for what needs to be achieved annually and have a clear plan regarding timelines, delivery and ROI targets.
- Challenges the status quo with the client to provoke development of the client business
- Actively seek to implement new and unique ideas on behalf of the client.
- Initiates an ROI mindset (Sources of Growth) to Mars client business
- Hold the position of trusted business partner e.g. as an advocate to the client or internal colleagues.
Product and Service Portfolio
- At all times be knowledge of the range of Mars current and proposed product
- Be informed of MediaCom core products and services. Introduce and apply only as relevant to the Mars business.
- Keep yourself informed about the current and future practices, trends, technology and information affecting the CPG industry and Mars business
- To motivate and manage the performance of direct report(s) by:
- Ensure team have annual My360 appraisal
- Set performance targets, objectives and KPIs
- Define and implementing personal development training plans
- Recognise positive performance and behaviours
- Addressing under-performance effectively
- Establish what is critical and eliminate roadblocks to deliver client business plans.
- Acting as a role model and point of escalation for direct reports.
- Hold regular departmental wide meetings to foster effective communication, share knowledge, review performance and adjust objectives
- Facilitate effective skills training sessions utilising available resources e.g. on the job training.
- Ensure relevant business knowledge is deployed, shared and retained within the team and shared across the wider function where relevant.
- Conduct recruitment and retention initiatives e.g. induction, recognition initiatives.
- With HR, monitor and analyse employee turnover/absenteeism and take appropriate action.
- Ensure succession contingency plans are in place for key roles.
Manage Employee Relations
- In collaboration with Group HR, participate in and effectively manage employee relations issues both proactively and reactively as and when they occur.
- Maintains a positive working relationship across both internal and external stakeholders.
- Delivers excellent customer service and learns from customer feedback. Specifically:
- participating on all client calls as required in a professional manner
- contribute towards the development of customer SLAs, service reviews, customer feedback and customer service initiatives
- reviewing customer feedback information and taking positive steps to address customer concerns.