POSTED 15 FEB 2021
Programmatic, Biddable, Paid Media & SEO • FTC (Full Time)
Search Team Manager (maternity cover)
Overview of Role
We are looking for a Search Team Manager to lead the Direct Line Group Search team, working across brands Direct Line, Churchill and Green Flag.
This is a great opportunity to be part of an industry leading dynamic between MediaCom and the client’s marketing team that makes a genuine difference through media activity. Joining the team will give the person who takes this role a real opportunity to champion Search as a key driver to DLG’s business success.
The Search Team Manager will be responsible for leading the day to day planning and strategy, team management, and optimisation process towards KPIs to deliver growth, and meeting efficiency targets.
They will be self-motivated, and able to manage their and their four direct reports’ time effectively. They will be operationally proficient and have in-depth specialist knowledge of PPC principles and how the market operates.
They will also have solid knowledge of other media channels, how they fit within the overall media/marketing mix and how they influence Search.
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to the Search Associate Director who oversees this team alongside two other client teams.
3 best things about the Job
1.The opportunity to work across large budget, innovative search accounts which are tailor-made for someone with a progressive mindset.
2.Working within a truly collaborative agency model with great opportunities for cross-media and performance marketing learning.
3.A multicultural, talented team supporting each other in implementing best-in-class, award winning campaigns, and which has fun along the way.
Measures of Success
In three months, you would have:
- Proven to be the day to day lead for client contacts as well as internal stakeholders
- Overseen the team’s workflow management, from brief to post-campaign analysis, striving for operational effectiveness
- Ensured that client objectives and KPI targets are understood and optimised towards every day
In six months, you would have:
- Proposed short and long term projects to develop the Google and Microsoft accounts and deliver improved performance.
- Worked closely with client/digital planning team members to deliver fully integrated media plans and client brief responses.
- Challenged inherited ways of working with your own ideas for improvement
In 12 months, you would have:
• Gained a complete understanding of the client’s business and their needs, and shaped the Search strategy in line with it, whilst incorporating industry developments and market changes.
• Become an extension of the client’s teams, providing added value for Paid Search and beyond.
• Shown to be proactive, and a real driver who inspires the direct reports.
Responsibilities of the Role
• Collaborate with the Search Associate Director on innovative strategy, from beta tests to data insights.
• Oversee the workflow management and training for four direct reports.
• Share learnings and best practice with the team and wider Search/client group.
• Show initiative and proactivity to achieve our goals, working together with Google and Microsoft to improve the following workstreams: product adoption (such as automated bidding and DDA), investment, ad creative, data integration and measurement.
External and Internal Communication
• Communication lead (such as weekly calls and meetings) with the client contacts, media partners and internal teams (such as the client planning teams) with the support of the Search Associate Director when required.
• In-depth PPC specialist experience
• Strong direct response experience i.e. working towards strict cost per sale/ROI targets
• Up to date with Google Ads, Microsoft Advertising and SA360 developments
• Know how to create, work to, and forecast accurate media plans, even when targets and market conditions may change
• A strong understanding of other media lines and how it works in conjunction
• Strongly process driven, from budget management to brief responses
Technology and Systems
• Knowledge of systems such as the Google Marketing Platform (SA360) or Adobe Ad Cloud
• Savvy lead of automated account management systems and processes
• Working knowledge of how to utilise and apply standard and customised scripts
What you will need
• Detailed knowledge about data interrogation and how to apply this to granular account optimisation in line with KPI metrics and targets
• A savvy people manager who is approachable and supportive
• A team lead who strives for excellence
• Positive and proactive attitude
• Able to delegate and escalate without delay
• Understand the client’s business and the challenges they face
• A strong communicator who presents with conviction
• Reliable and organised
• Keen to establish a collaborative relationship with our client contacts
• A real team player who keeps internal stakeholders updated
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*