POSTED 01 FEB 2021
Comms & Strategic Planning • Maternity Cover
Planning Associate Director
We’re looking for a smart and passionate Planning Associate Director to help lead a highly motivated team and be a trusted strategic advisor for your clients.
This role with Betfair will give you the opportunity to immerse yourself in the innovative, competitive and fast-paced bookmaker category where our campaigns are set against the backdrop of the biggest sporting fixtures in the UK.
It’s an exciting and challenging sector to operate in. You’ll be leading day-to-day client conversations and managing the wider internal implementation teams in delivering accurate and timely campaigns.
You’ll be called on for your professional and personal opinions on how best to grow the business – in this regard, a passion for sport and the bookmaker category will prove invaluable.
Who does the role report into?
This role reports to the client Business Director who works alongside the Partner and Managing Partner/Head of TED as part of the leadership team.
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- Working in a fast-paced department that has a genuine passion for sports betting and within a highly collaborative, enthusiastic and fun team
- A great opportunity to make a positive impact on an ambitious client with ambitious growth plans
- Your opinion counts. Knowledge of the sector drives our recommendations and allows us to challenge and grow the client.
What are the measures of success?
- A successful Associate Director leads a highly motivated team to create best in class media planning that drives growth for our clients. The AD is central to the delivery of this and plays a leading role in the delivery of our Systems Planning process, from designing the strategic direction to guiding the execution.
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Fully onboard with all the accounts and established relationships with key internal and external stakeholders with the aim of becoming the ‘go to’ in comms planning and account leadership
- Take the lead of a campaign response (or two)
- Start to build a deep understanding of your client’s business and become an expert in spotting new opportunities and threats.
What will you need?
Strong knowledge and experience in planning, ideally with some capability in Digital
- Strong communication skills, conveying credibility confidence when dealing with key clients and internal stakeholders
- Good understanding of performance best practice; whilst each account is brand led, conversion and acquisition KPI’s are also a key component
- Proven leadership skills, being able to organise and motivate both your immediate team and wider, including implementation specialists
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*