POSTED 08 JAN 2021
Data, Analytics & Insight • Permanent (Full Time)
Audience Insight Manager
We’re looking for an Audience Insight Manager to join the Tesco Group account within a brand-new data & analytics division known as ‘The Customer-first Team’.
The Audience manager will provide a holistic view of the audience through a wide set of data sources and analyses. This role is the lynch pin of the planning team providing all the key and up to date audience insights tailored to each brand and brief. They will triangulate and synthesise data across multiple data sources and platforms to unearth relevant insights and nuggets of information. This will be overlaid with a media/planning lens for the brands as well as the category.
Tesco is Britain’s largest retailer turning over £50+ billion each year and operates in the fast-paced grocery sector – as well as in telecoms, banking and clothing – and has come to the forefront during the Coronavirus epidemic.
Who does the role report into?
You will report into the Data & Insight Director (Rachel Leaver) – and be part of the wider Systems Intelligence unit.
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- The people – you’ll work in a high performing, creative and ambitious team with a range of backgrounds, skills and experiences to learn from.
- The work – you’ll do industry leading work, help Tesco see the bigger picture through the integration and synthesis of a number of different data sources, and make their ambition to ‘make decisions powered by data’ a reality.
- Your development – being in such a high-profile team and exciting future-facing data and analytics division will support your career development ambitions, with opportunities to learn from a multi-disciplinary set of experts along with the most senior members of the agency whilst working on high profile campaigns.
What are the measures of success?
- Strategy: Accelerate Tesco’s audience strategy across planning and execution
- Planning: Accelerate the use of data agnostic (e.g. 1st, 2nd, 3rd party data) insights within the planning process
- Thought leadership: The brainpower to problem solve your biggest audience and brand measurement, challenges (working with other team members on performance measurement)
- Buying: Help Tesco plan & buy to better outcomes
- Measurement: Stand over the rigour, learning agenda & roadmap across the account
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Responsible for ensuring we obtain insights that provide a holistic view from ALL data that will improve the performance of creative, media and communications. Intelligence to include insight on audience, brands, categories and competitors.
- Ensuring a clear view of campaign success driven by the policing of a consistent measurement framework and methodologies across the team. This will provide the ability to drive a strong learning agenda.
- Creation and upkeep of the knowledge bank, and ultimately our media beliefs, to feed into future plans and strategies ensuring the planners start from the same base of improved intelligence from which to build campaigns
- Building and maintaining a close working relationship with the Tesco Insight team as well as working closely with MediaCom planners and strategists. Other key relationships will be with the Systems intelligence community, Business Science and Real World Insight teams
What will you need?
- Highly analytical with experience of synthesising and being creative with a number of different data sets to deliver relevant observations and insights
- Truly data and platform agnostic with the ability to interrogate 1st and 3rd party data sets as well as primary research or statistical analysis via a variety of platforms including but not limited to Telmar, DMPs, DSPs, web analytic platforms (if no direct experience, eagerness and openness to learn is a must)
- Base knowledge of market research techniques and methodologies
- An understanding of the media landscape & cultural trends, how they are evolving and what this means for our audiences, brands and categories
- Project management experience in order to manage insight projects and ensure measurement processes are adhered to across the business unit
- Experience in identifying data and insights needs from a client media brief
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*