POSTED 13 JAN 2021
MediaCom - Media Planning, Implementation & Activation • Media Planning • Full-Time
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Regional Director.
India, Japan, Australia, China, South Asia, Korea
3 Best things about the job:
- Working on the largest digital client in the agency means there is a lot of diversity in the role with a focus on innovation, testing and learning. This is particularly the case when it comes to data, tech and programmatic trading.
- Dedicated leadership team with a focus on team development and people management. As the largest client in the agency, there is constant access to the Senior Leadership team and best talent in the agency / industry.
- Positive and aspiring team who are passionate about the work we do and the client.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- An understanding of the client’s product portfolio, position in market and an insight into their key competitors.
- Learnt about MediaCom’s main campaigns, trading partners, tech and data suppliers and our ways of working with each partner.
- Met all of our key clients and started building relationships them.
In six months, you would have:
- Become a core player on the digital campaigns and be fluently managing the main portfolio specifically while overseeing the display activity.
- Started contributing to the wider digital department by championing our products and processes.
In 12 months, you would have:
- Become a trusted member of the team and autonomously taken the lead on managing digital planning and buying.
- Contributed to the client’s programmatic trading and lead the relationship with all of their data and tech partners such as Adobe and App Nexus.
- Campaign planning, buying, implementation and reporting for the client’s digital campaigns.
- Manage a number of different client stakeholders and product portfolios.
- Support the Director in guiding teams regionally.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement different tech and data partners to improve efficiencies with buying and targeting.
- Understand both the digital and financial marketplace to provide recommendations to the client on new trends and innovations.
- Contribute to the wider digital department and agency, particularly with a focus on championing products and processes.
What you will need:
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in digital media.
- Experience with both Brand and DR planning, buying and reporting.
- A background in digital media, particularly display media.
- Performance and ROI measurement experience.
- B2B experience will be an advantage.
- Understanding of the APAC media landscape is a plus.
- Experience in digital campaign execution, from ad-serving, tagging and media operations.
- Strong presentation and client management skills.
- Solid coordination skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Responsive – ability to jump in and respond to anything from big picture POVs to supply tactical plans/ideas
- Nimble – ability to be flexible and apply 80/20, has some self-driven hustle and sense of urgency
- Embrace ambiguity – deciphers and distills questions and answers
- Service mentality with client & across network; and proactive communications
- Innovation – revisiting/introducing new frameworks, principles, processes on a proactive basis
- Thoughtful – possess a POV across marketing, media, marcom, creative, messaging, etc.
- Business Maturity – ability to sit across the table and be a strategic partner/trusted advisor to senior clients
- Individual Contributor – ability to deliver and high level of accountability
- Follow through
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
Founded in 1986 and established in Japan for over 10 years, we have grown to become 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We are proud to be recognised as the Japan Media Agency of the Year in both 2017 and 2018 with a Silver Award in 2019. With clients including Adidas, Mars, SK-II, Dell, The Coca-Cola Corporation, Cartier, IKEA, Peugeot and Citroen, working at MediaCom is a gateway to working with leading global brand organisations and connecting to people across the planet.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
Our focus is on providing long term, rewarding careers and we know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference and have built in flexibility that reflects the many different ways in which people work and succeed. And its why we actively encourage participation in our Global Mobility programme with opportunities to live and work around the world.
We are super connected and our employees contribute to and shape the working environment, from promoting work-life balance and well-being to organising team events and celebrations.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, connected and enthusiastic people in a stable and rewarding environment? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom.
Singapore market overview
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means, that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients, renowned brands and media owners. Making GroupM Singapore the Number One organisation to join and develop your career in media investment.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.