POSTED 26 OCT 2020
Programmatic, Biddable, Paid Media & SEO • Permanent (Full Time)
Mediacom International Paid Social Planner
About International Social
Mediacom forms part of GroupM, WPP’s combined media agencies. GroupM is the world’s largest media investment management organization and parent company of Mediacom, MindShare, Wavemaker. Within these companies we have an emerging social operation around the world with a greater geographic footprint than any competitor. We are the world’s largest spender with Facebook and hold strategic relationships on their advisory board.
The Mediacom International Paid Social team is at the forefront of that structure. Servicing both centrally executed campaigns in multiple languages as well as coordinating and supporting strategic directions across markets. We work on a mix of blue chip clients for both direct and brand led initiatives including but not limited to: adidas, Dell, EY, Shell, & Sony.
Our vision for paid social is the integral role it plays in the media mix and the connectivity between media both on and offline with social acting as a success measure to wider communications planning activity. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a growing International team, advancing your skill set as a subject expert and exposing you to a much wider media business offering diversified training and development opportunities for a long term career path.
We have a large International central London Digital team with additional teams in local markets. The evolution of this division is a natural progress in our business plan with immediate and new client opportunities to grow against.
We have a vacancy for a Paid Social Planner. Our Paid Social Planners are responsible for the planning, management, optimisation and reporting of social media advertising for MediaCom’s largest and most prestigious clients. The role will leverage planning, buying and implementation across key social channels such as Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, TikTok, Pinterest and more.
The Paid Social Planner will work as part of a client focused team and will work closely with media owners and third-party technology platforms for campaign management, optimisation and reporting. The role requires an understanding of core paid social advertising formats and creative best practices.
The role requires an advanced understanding of paid social principles, how marketing campaigns work cross market, plus an advanced analytic aptitude. It requires an ability to be highly motivated, numerate and articulate, both when speaking to clients, writing documents and analysing. Above all it requires a natural passion for social media and its importance to marketers.
The successful candidate will be able to develop his/her career with MediaCom as they will be enabled to continually improve and expand on their advanced social skills, with growth opportunities both upwards and sideways. The candidate will also have the opportunity to work across a diverse client base and help to shape and inform client strategy.
The candidate will join the MediaCom International team and will be given training to develop this specialist and highly demanded skill set, enabling them a foundation for further career development. They will be exposed to working in an International environment and if desired have opportunities to relocate within the business cross markets and cross teams.
Objectives of the Role:
The successful candidate will use their foundational social skills to enhance the processes and best practices for the creation, technical set-up and execution of Paid Social campaigns. They will continue to advance their learning of the client / agency environment of account servicing and quality control to meet target key performance indicators in campaign delivery, developing junior employees to master these skills. They will keep abreast of industry trends and conditions that may impact performance, devising new ideas to refine and improve campaign strategies in consultation with their line manager. They will confidently lead planning and execution strategies for clients and propose advanced initiatives for the success of client campaigns.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability:
1. Strategic Skills
· Work with the Manager to identify and lead new opportunities for campaigns.
· Lead in the creation of monthly client reviews - providing insights on campaign performance.
· Demonstrate confidence and clarity in communicating with the team, clients and media owners
· Develop knowledge and understanding of other Mediacom departments/services
· Maintain strong working relationships with other relevant Mediacom departments
· Have an advanced understanding of the role of Paid Social in the digital mix.
· Identify new initiatives and opportunities on client accounts, for example, the testing of new platforms such as Snapchat or new technologies for campaign improvements
· Improve knowledge of client business to ensure greater appreciation of Paid Social delivery in the overall mix
· Keep abreast of any developments in the Paid Social market
· Gain and develop experience in other media, such as wider biddable media
· Build strong partnerships with third-party technology vendors to ensure up-to-date knowledge of product roadmaps and beta test opportunities
· Foster relationships with media owners including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
2. Client Account Management
· Advance on already established basics of client account servicing and best practices in managing results to meet client KPIs
· Take commercial responsibility for campaign budgetary management including bookings and billing
· Be responsible for requesting and chasing PO’s.
· Organise budget caps to ensure agreed budgets are not exceeded.
· Ensure all media spends are entered onto DDS in a timely fashion.
· Support wider team in client servicing best practices
3. Operating and Technical Requirements
· Ensure robust operational process and workflow across social media advertising campaigns in line with MediaCom internal process and industry best practice
· Leverage third-party platforms for campaign social media advertising management, optimisation and reporting.
· Be responsible for the technical set up of Paid Social campaigns with adserving and tracking systems or QA the work of any junior staff using these systems
· Be responsible for implementing campaigns into Paid Social providers and/ or technology interfaces for buying
· Take ownership of account/campaign delivery
· Be responsible for accurate daily, weekly and monthly reporting and commentary.
· Enact the delivery, optimisation and reporting of Direct Response and Brand social media advertising campaigns across Facebook, Twitter and other social platforms
· Apply the appropriate use of tools to drive accountability, operational efficiencies and actionable business insights; with the scoping of costs and agreed client outputs.
· Act responsibly and professionally at all times, representing the team, department and company.
4. People Management
· Learn from the Paid Social Manager and Paid Social Associate Director in order to understand how the team and processes are handled.
· Act responsibly and professionally when interacting with other departments.
· Ensure weekly time sheets, holiday/sickness forms, CPD Logs and training plans are kept up to date
· Take your career management seriously, preparing for performance reviews and attending training planned for you, including lunchtime workshops and department sessions
· Continue on the job training and workshops and internal/external training sessions being proactive in your continual self-learning
· Remain abreast of developments in social media advertising, biddable media and digital marketing
· Undertake training to develop both specialist (e.g. Facebook FMP specific training) and professional skills (e.g. presenting to groups)
· Assist and communicate with team Manager on day to day reporting, developing optimisation best practices and learnings.
· Support in the development of content for new business pitches
· Learn the pitch process and how we grow and win new clients successfully.
Key Performance Indicators:
· Client: help to delivery excellent campaigns, free from errors and delivering against campaign objectives and achieve high TRR (client satisfaction) scores across accounts
People: become a team player supporting and growing your skill set to become a future leader
· Revenue: contribute towards the achievement of account/function revenue targets (to be agreed)
· Growth: support the team to win new business and support future client growth (growth target to be agreed)
· Personal development: Positive My360 feedback from manager, peers and clients (where appropriate)