POSTED 28 JAN 2021
Media Planning, Implementation & Activation • Permanent (Full Time)
Associate Director, Global
Department / Team
Global Account Director
About MediaCom: People First, Better Results
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
About the role
We’re looking for a person that will play a key role for one of MediaCom’s biggest clients, Bayer, to help lead client development, transition and growth. Bayer consists of numerous client units but the primary focus is on Bayer Consumer Health, and brands like Berocca, Bepanthen, Supradyn, Canesten, Aspirin, etc. Additional units covered in the team are Crop Science, Corporate, Pharma, and Elanco Animal Health (no longer a Bayer company).
MediaCom work with Bayer across 65 markets globally. The global MediaCom Team provide the infrastructure, shared vision, and support for MediaCom markets to deliver on Bayer’s communications vision of becoming the number 1 data driven marketer in their category. This AD will have a passion for working with colleagues from around the world, helping coordinate global requests for local activity, as well as providing global solutions to global Bayer stakeholders.
This person will drive the day-to-day operations and help manage the client relationship with the Bayer Consumer Health stakeholders. Strong peole management skills are key, you will need to bring together and harness the skills provided by the client account team as well as the specialist teams.
Systems Thinking and a curiosity to understand the entire communication system will support the delivery on Bayer’s global learning agenda. These pilots play an increasingly large part of our solutions for the global clients, so we need someone who is experienced and confident in recommending, project managing, and presenting results across a broad spectrum of solutions.
Some of the current Bayer pilot projects include. High Value Audience Planning. eRetail integration into planning. In housing of digital media Tech stack and integration into MediaCom buying units. Creative Systems DCO pilot. Category competitive insights across markets. Digital media data and algorithm analysis. Voice and Location targeting tests in markets.
The AD will manage, train and develop other team members. Particularly emphasis will be to ensure that the team AE takes control and ownership of select day-to-day account tasks (liaising with select markets, reviewing media plan submissions, etc.), their professional development, reviews and growth.
An additional responsibility will be, in conjunction with the account Strategy Director, to drive MediaCom System usage across the markets and push systems intelligence in the planning process.
Key Performance Indicators:
Client: Help own and drive client relationship, serving and exceeding client expectations in the delivery of central strategic guidelines and campaign management. Achieve high TRR (client satisfaction) scores across markets and centrally
People: lead a wider MediaCom team of specialists and be considered a successful and respected collaborator with these team members
Personal development: Positive My360 feedback from manager, peers and clients (where appropriate)
To be successful you’ll:
• View the communications and media landscape as an integrated and connected system
• Deliver planning guidelines for hub and markets
• Grow planning best-practice across all agency teams enhancing digital campaign performance
• Effectively and efficiently operate a network of markets
• Interface with the other specialist function units across the wider local, regional and global teams
• Be the point person for Bayer Global for your key categories, developing a strong relationship with key clients
• Drive Bayer Global’s processes and platforms across the network
• Work with local agency teams and digital execution hubs to deliver integrated multi-channel solutions that achieve overall client objectives and business KPIs
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
Experienced Media Planner
• Proven planning skills, leading the development of media plans
• Strong understanding of media planning theory, media behaviours and landscape
Brilliant coordinator and project manager
• Highly organised with an ability to manage multiple workstreams effectively and efficiently
• Strong at clearly managing a network of markets and multiple clients
• Experienced at managing media budgets, tracking platforms and finance
• You have good communication skills, ability to build strong relationships with clients and networks, strong at presenting
Insightful analytical thinker with an attention for detail
• Good at handling data and extracting learnings
Experienced at running a team
• Effectively developing people and careers
• Collaborative, able to work with a team and inspire, guide and manage the output
High energy and driven
• Committed and passionate about what you do!
• Striving to work on industry leading campaigns and run a highly functional team