POSTED 09 MAR 2021
Media Planning, Implementation & Activation • Regular
About the Role:
The Media Operations Manager is the liaison between the clients, agency leads (Operations, Planning and Buying) and third-party auditors. The Media Operations Manager ensures that the overall audit objectives are met and are effectively communicated amongst the various teams working on a particular business.
- Thorough understanding of the fundamentals of Media Planning and Strategy, Media Buying, Account Management, and the agency environment
- Work closely with the main agency client lead to deliver the audit requirements
- Involved in all communication across the portfolio to ensure the client’s auditing needs/optimizations are fully met
- Interact on a daily basis with both Planning and Investment teams
- Responsible for setting agency-wide templates such as budget roll-ups, billing, PO tracking, etc.
- On-board new clients to ensure a seamless transition from previous agency
- Monitor current clients to ensure timely reporting and reconciliation
- Work with the main agency client lead to deliver media audit and savings
- Ensure that each department (planning, buying, etc.) is streamlined to effectively meet the auditing guidelines
- Deliver and analyze the Data Set provisions provided in the appropriate format to the Auditors
- On-going analysis of audit findings
- Must constantly review and refine audit methodologies, KPI weights, and score cards
- Responsible for reviewing and approving final audit presentation; work with Auditors to highlight any areas of opportunity
- Responsible for the evaluation of quarterly, actual, and on-going projections
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Your People Skills:
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of junior staff
- Ensure all direct reports master the skills and organizational savvy required for advancement
- Must have the ability and desire to help lead, and a willingness to work with and teach others within the group
- Inspire while leading by example in developing, motivating, mentoring, and coaching team members
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels
- Able to establish and maintain effective relationships interdepartmentally as well as those outside the immediate team
Your Knowledge & Abilities:
- Strong communication and analytic skills
- Proficiency with Excel skills, including Pivot Tables
- Ability to translate data into well-articulated ideas
- Able to work on both Global and Local Auditing initiatives
- Strong numbers focus
- Thorough understanding of media, advertising, and marketing
- Capacity to anticipate the client/auditor’s needs
- 2+ years related experience
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators. We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, Richemont and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. Our Systems Thinking approach combines data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business. All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy. We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why we are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom!
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.