POSTED 12 DEC 2020
Future Talent & Entry Level • Permanent (Full Time)
Mediacom forms part of GroupM, WPP’s combined media agencies. GroupM is the world’s largest media investment management organization. Within these companies we have the largest digital operations around the world with a greater geographic footprint than any competitor.
This role sits in the Mediacom Business & Tech team, a growing team based in London.
About the Opportunity:
The Account Executive for our EY client (a business to business professional services company) will provide an important role within the team at MediaCom, ensuring smooth running of the account, assisting the Media Planners and Managers with answering briefs and helping to build relationships with teams around the globe.
A Day in the Life:
You’ll be working within a friendly and fast paced team, where you can expect every day to be different. The role would largely be focused on media planning tasks, co-ordination and provision of support to client planning teams. There is great involvement in all stages of campaigns from initial brief, to planning, set-up and performance reporting. You will be interacting with colleagues across MediaCom as well as media owners, the role is also a client facing role so communication with clients will play a big part. The ability to communicate well and develop positive, strong and lasting relationships is essential.
There will be a level of data entry and extraction required in the role, with a keen focus on quality control and attention to detail. MediaCom is a great place to support you in developing your media career as you will not only be working on a high-profile client, for a major global media player, but you will have the opportunity to take part in key training programmes for career development.
3 best things about the job:
- amazing development opportunities, both on the job as well as training and qualifications
- putting you at the centre of marketing, for an iconic global brand
- an important role, working with a wide range of media disciplines and teams across MediaCom
In 3 months you will:
- have cemented excellent relationships across Mediacom
- be a valued team member and respected by the client
- be contributing to delivery of end-to-end planning
- owning financial processes and the handling of invoice queries for the team and account
- ensuring internal documentation is kept up to date, inclusive of weekly client status reports
- have met several key media-owner representatives to understand their offering
In 6 months you will:
- have direct oversight of all paid media activity across all channels
- increase your understanding of investment trends, and gain better understanding of the client’s media objectives, KPIs, parameters and metrics
- demonstrating the ability to build solid relationships with key stakeholders through positive daily interactions
- begin to build your understanding of areas of the EY business
- develop an understanding of our clients’ needs
- add value to the team culture and processes
Where you’ll be at the end of your first year-18 months:
We expect you to be focusing on your development plan for promotion to Media Planner as you will have mastered the basic functions of the business and will be pushing to take on more responsibility
What we’re looking for in you:
- highly organised and administratively competent, with strong attention to detail
- eagerness to learn (this will include proactively booking own training sessions)
- determined, inquisitive and curious approach to problem solving
- ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- good working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- great team skills and the ability to work hard and have fun
What’s in it for you!
As part of the GroupM and WPP network, our benefits are incredibly comprehensive and you’ll have plenty of fantastic benefits to choose from. We’ve listed a few below - and there are many more on offer:
- Superb development opportunities and ongoing support throughout your career
- Stunning London-based offices with on-site bar, cafe and roof terrace
- 25 days’ holiday from the get-go, increasing with length of service
- Season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, private medical (BUPA) and life assurance
- We also have a regular events calendar including company socials, sports clubs, a range of on-site services including health screenings, financial management workshops, manicures and massages.
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom