POSTED 17 JAN 2021
MediaCom - Comms & Strategic Planning • Media Planning • Full-Time
Overview of job
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for Connection Planning Executive (Planner) to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for collaborating your team and managing a set of clients(s) at MediaCom Indonesia by managing the day to day delivery of conventional and digital media planning with excellence for the assigned client(s)
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Connection Planning Group Head.
3 best things about the job:
1. A Learning environment with mentorship from within MediaCom Indonesia, GroupM Indonesia and MediaCom Regional
- Opportunities to work across local and international client and agency teams
- You will always be the at the front line in getting and implementation of the latest insight, trend and new media innovation and technology
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Adapted and bonded with the internal team across the agency
- Understood past work and plans to the best of your ability within the category/brand that you will handle
- Understood category and brands objectives and the challenges
- Get to know our client and immerse yourself in their business
- Gained initial client trust and comfort level to drive their business
- Understood the client business and the category they play in, and key drivers of growth
In six months:
- Drive strategic integrated media plans – including conventional, digital and performance-based campaigns.
- Search and Content will also be part of your development and excellence delivery to clients
- Have developed a good understanding of the client’s category
- Integrated effectively and in good manner with clients, teams, vendors and partners
- Shown significant signs of growth potential within MediaCom Indonesia
In 12 months:
- Comfortable to drive strategic & tactical innovation across media platforms
- Grown existing client businesses
- Be commended by your client for your knowledge and service
- Have contributed to the MediaCom culture through participation and behaviour that aligns to the MediaCom values
- Have cemented your role within the team and contributed to the team delivery and success of a variety of client campaigns
Responsibilities of the role:
Besides planning, overseeing, and driving operational needs of your clients; you would also be in-charge of being a digital consultant to the clients by advising, guiding and shaping your clients’ digital and conventional work. While growing existing business will be key, you will also be assisting your senior agency teams in new business development strategies and plans during pitches.
What you will need:
- Undergraduate degree in communication or media or business management (Post-graduate/masters preferred)
- 1-2 years of experience in digital or conventional media (or a role that covers above knowledge areas)
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English (both written and spoken)
- High confidence levels to work with mid to senior level clients (both local and regional/global)
- Knowledge required in - digital and conventional media insights and analysis for planning, reporting and insights on campaigns, social and mobile advertising, performance marketing and programmatic buying
- Candidate should be able to present thoughts, plans and ideas in a clear and succinct manner (on a PowerPoint, Excel, or otherwise)
More about MediaCom
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
Founded in 1986 and established in Japan for over 10 years, we have grown to become 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We are proud to be recognised as the Japan Media Agency of the Year in both 2017 and 2018 with a Silver Award in 2019. With clients including Adidas, Mars, SK-II, Dell, The Coca-Cola Corporation, Cartier, IKEA, Peugeot and Citroen, working at MediaCom is a gateway to working with leading global brand organisations and connecting to people across the planet.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
About GroupM Indonesia
With a population of 260 million, Indonesia is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic markets in the world. It’s increasing consumer disposable income has meant that Indonesia is now firmly on the radar for MNCs seeking to invest in emerging markets.
Whilst the Indonesian media landscape is still dominated by terrestrial TV with 65% of all advertising spend, digital media is now poised to go through a period of exponential growth. There are around 170 million internet users in Indonesia and more than 70% of them are accessing the web via mobile. The opportunity to transform a media landscape on such a scale is unprecedented in the APAC region.
We're looking for creative and diligent people to join us on this exciting journey of transformation. We're ready create impactful solutions for media challenges, shaping the next era of media with our diverse and passionate team.