POSTED 05 FEB 2021
Programmatic, Biddable, Paid Media & SEO • FTC (Full Time)
Overview of job
We’re looking for a quick thinking, organised and versatile SEO account Manager to work on Royal Canin, which is one of the biggest accounts for the international team.
The candidate should already have knowledge of International SEO and should have strong understanding of all areas of SEO. Other skills required for the role are great communication, leadership and project management skills.
The SEO account Manager will be responsible for delivering best in class SEO solution to global brands, managing multiple stakeholders as well as ensuring the best output from more junior members of the team.
The candidate will also work closely with other media specialists to deliver integrated solutions, often taking the lead in developing the connected system using digital to link other media channels.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Head of SEO
3 best things about the job:
- Adventurous and pioneering clients who want to succeed in search and content
- The team - both the immediate core team and the wider departments we work with are fantastic. It’s great to be able to tap into the wealth of knowledge and experience here at MediaCom across all departments.
- Outstanding personal development, training and learning opportunities, through different online platforms and when possible hosted in our own offices.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Built strong relationships with your clients and peers, leading day to day communications
- Demonstrated confidence feeding into your projects’ content & SEO strategies
In six months, you would have:
- Showcased exceptional project management skills through the delivery of multiple projects.
- Become the trusted “go-to” person for the clients and internal teams with regards to SEO
In 12 months, you would have:
- Delivered brilliant work to the client - building innovation into our plans, whether this is through smart tech, data, creative or audience insight.
- Built strong relationships with your team, nurturing their growth and development, reviewing and re-setting KPIs as required
Responsibilities of the role:
- Working directly with clients in planning and implementing SEO campaigns and strategies which add real value to their business
- Oversee the performance of all SEO campaigns and ensure that key insights are incorporated into future activity
- Analysing client websites, search results and online marketing data to identify SEO opportunities within clients’ markets
- Manage account expenses: staying on budget, estimating monthly costs and reconciliation
- Line manage SEO Planners and Executives: delegate workload, provide guidance and support, set up KPIs and goals for their 360 appraisals
- Together with the performance content manager and team, develop and implement off-site strategies focussed on achieving organic reach and SEO KPIs
- Maintaining the agency’s high client retention rate by developing and fostering long lasting client relationships
- Working alongside SEO Head and/or other MediaCom Management to expand the project base revenue to a retainer base revenue, and on new business opportunities
- Ensure that account work remains profitable, and display commercial acumen in the allocation of work against billings
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
- Monitor industry trends and updates and report back on insights to the wider team
What you will need:
- An excellent understanding of industry standard SEO tools including Google Analytics, Advanced Web Rankings, Deep Crawl, Brightedge and screaming Frog.
- A high degree of numeracy and literacy
- Minimum 3 years Account Management experience in SEO
- Strong client relationship building experience with excellent presentation skills
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to write persuasive business documents including new business proposals and campaign summaries
- Ability to juggle a number of tasks at once and consistently to deliver high-quality work
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- A proven track record of proactively identifying business opportunities within client targets and strategies
- Ability to pre-empt problems and be pro-active in producing solutions
- Foreign language skills a bonus as being part of an international team.
- Commercial understanding and being able to put together Scopes of work and answer client’s briefs.
Essential personal qualities:
- Ability to take responsibility for own work and to make sure that others deliver in support of you
- Flexibility - willingness to pick up tasks for others
- Quick to learn, and keen to develop
- Attention to detail
MediaCom have one of the most innovative, passionate and successful digital performance teams in the UK, providing clients with best-in-class digital services across Paid Search, SEO, Data, Programmatic Display, Paid Social and other performance media.
As The Content + Connections Agency, we believe everything is connected. At MediaCom, our unique approach to planning and buying across Paid, Owned and Earned media optimises our clients’ entire system, not just individual channel silos. ‘Content’ is any form of consumer messaging that connects brands to their consumers, while ‘Connections’ ensures no dead ends or wastage through disconnected content.
We look beyond our own expertise and assess the bigger picture: How do we all play a role within our clients’ broader communications system? Through our uniquely connected eco-system of diverse communications experts working we achieve this - interpreting the bigger picture and fuelling future business success.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en