POSTED 07 FEB 2021
MediaCom - Data, Analytics & Insight • Data, Analytics & Insight • Full-Time
Overview of job
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally.
We are currently looking for an Marketing Intelligence Manager to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for to implement customized analytics and attribution strategies to deliver greater media effectiveness for the MediaCom regional Systems Intelligence hub. The role supports and guides the performance teams so that best practice tools and practice are implemented across all clients. They are responsible for formulating testing and optimization, while overseeing the execution of recommendations for optimal performance. The role would be based out of our Asia Pacific centre in Singapore and cover multiple markets across the region.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Senior Director & Lead, Systems Intelligence (data science/analytics)
3 best things about the job:
- Opportunity to work directly with the world’s biggest brands on high profile advanced analytics consulting and implementation projects regionally and globally
- A fun, flexible work environment that combines the best of entrepreneurialism whilst at the same time being part of the largest marketing services group in the world
- Working within a proven, high performing team with an excellent network of support and development opportunities within MediaCom-GroupM and WPP
Measures of success
In three months, you would have:
- You will be up to speed with MediaCom Systems Intelligence hub’s services, tools and client business
- Understand our value proposition and able to articulate this confidently
- Have begun to build a trusted advisor relationship with key stakeholders both internally and externally
- Coordinate within Systems Intelligence Singapore team and other off-shore analytics hubs to manage projects including Marketing Mix modeling, Budget optimisation, and similar projects
In six months, you would have:
- Contributed strongly to the delivery of at least three substantial advanced analytics project(s) to key clients
- Build relationships and work together with Media Strategy, Digital Performance, and Media-Commerce teams to provide actionable insights
- Confidently presented projects involving marketing/media consulting, portfolio management and optimisation to regional clients and media teams across APAC
- Democratising the use of analytics projects by engineering products for use by planning and strategy teams
In 12 months, you would have:
- Clearly connected analytical output with business impact for clients through your projects
- Delivered multiple media strategy and digital products/processes using effective working relationships with your counterparts in Strategy, New business, client servicing, and Digital Performance hub
- Independently handled key client(s) analytics roadmap in collaboration with Strategy and Planning teams
- Worked with your peers/seniors to ensure analytics recommendations are utilized effectively by regional and local teams
Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage project quality and timely delivery on diverse econometric and quantitative marketing/media consultancy projects
- Collaborate with multi-functional project teams of data engineers, statisticians, media strategists, and media planners to successfully deliver projects
- Fulfils our commitment to advanced analytical measurement including the application of AI and ML to improve media decision making, alongside our Business Science team.
- Ability to tell data-driven decision support stories by collecting, analysing, and visualizing data
- Combine statistical results with strategic thinking and business requirements to create cohesive stories and actionable results for clients
- Build effective working relationships with the Business Science team and wider MediaCom
What you will need:
- 3– 5 years of experience in marketing analytics, digital media, business intelligence, reporting, or related field(s)
- Expertise in some or all the following is highly desirable
- Programming languages: R, Python
- Database/Cloud platforms: SQL, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, AWS
- Visualisation tools: Microsoft Power BI, Google Data Studio, Tableau, Datorama
- In-depth practical and theoretical knowledge of econometrics, and analytical techniques would be a strong advantage
- Willing to challenge clients and colleagues based on proven case knowledge and experience
- Superior written, presentation, analytical, quantitative, and verbal skills
- You should be culturally flexible and enjoy working with teams from across different countries, and be comfortable traveling if required
- Strong PowerPoint skills, advanced Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyse data
Hello. We are MediaCom.
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2020 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Eurobest and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Groupe PSA, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means, that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients, renowned brands and media owners. Making GroupM Singapore the Number One organisation to join and develop your career in media investment.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.