POSTED 18 DEC 2020
Comms & Strategic Planning • Permanent (Full Time)
MediaCom – Senior Planner Uber & eBay
Overview of job
We’re looking for an ambitious Senior Planner who would like to be part of a hardworking, energetic, and curious team working on two very exciting brands: Uber - a world renowned tech disruptor & eBay an iconic and pioneering ecommerce platform.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Planning Manager.
3 best things about the job:
- The clients – ground-breaking digital brands.
- The team - Fun working atmosphere and strong team culture focused on delivering brilliant work.
- You’ll have access to a range of opportunities for growth. Mediacom’s philosophy is putting its people first. This is a place where you can grow as a person as well as a professional – with a wide range of initiatives across the board.
Measures of success –
In three months, you would have:
- Become well versed in the both the client’s businesses
- Integrated yourself into the Planning team, as well as the Implementation & investment team
- Develop client relationships & own specific tasks
- Be the lead day to day contact for key clients and Implementation team members
- Gained understanding of the Mediacom department structure and key figures on the team.
- The ability to effectively contribute to the workload of the team
In six months, you would have:
- Deep understanding of the clients sources of growth and how we can help them achieve their objectives
- Developed robust relationships with various Mediacom teams, including the implementation and delivery teams
- Help the less experienced Team members develop their Strategic Planning expertise
- Established yourself as someone who is reliable and who will help answer questions, provide clarity and help solve any issues that might arise on the client’s side, as well as with colleagues.
- Owning briefs from strategy to execution, with the support of the AD and Strategy Director
- Helped to coach and develop the Planner & Exec on the team
- Flag workload pinch points with AD/BD and facilitate conversations on prioritisation of projects
In 12 months, you would have:
- Regularly contributing to wider account and department projects, outside of the day-to-day.
- An expert in the way Uber & eBay plan media to best support their business
- Shown that you understand the competitor landscape and have become a category expert, but can also bring insight from other categories
- Built a strong relationship with clients and other agencies to become a trusted partner
- Helped deliver excellent client SLA scores
- Worked with Clients, other agencies and marketing Team to deliver award entries
1. Growing Our Clients’ Businesses
Build a strong relationship with your clients and become a trusted partner.
Develop a solid understanding of your client’s business, marketing, and the role media plays.
Work with your BD and AD to create a ‘Great Work Manifesto’ for your clients.
Be a confident communications planner who demonstrates a clear understanding of our Systems Planning approach and The System (our proprietary Planning tool).
Develop an understanding of digital, data, and marketing technology, and how we use them to drive growth for our clients.
Be the go-to expert in your team for audience and category insight, ensuring all work we develop is evidence based.
Actively participate in ‘Acceleration’ and ‘Stretch’ sessions on your clients, and those within your business group.
Ensure we have a seamless working process between the Comms & Implementation Planning.
2. Growing Our Business
Build a clear understanding of MediaCom’s functions and how each specialist area can drive growth for your clients.
Support your BD, AD, and Manager in identifying and pursuing additional services opportunities on your clients.
Ensure your accounts are in perfect financial health.
Play an active role in new business pitches (behind the scenes).
3. Growing Our People
Oversee the development of the Execs and Planners within your team, supporting your AD in the creation and implementation of Growth Plans and personal training programmes.
Promote your team’s brilliant work, both within MediaCom and beyond.
Actively participate in and contribute to agency wide planning initiatives (e.g. Huddles).
4. Growing Yourself
Learn one new skill each year that is actively applied to your client’s business.
What you will need:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, as well as an understanding of media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements.
- Interest in developing media strategy skills as well as experience implementational media delivery
- Problem solving skills and a desire to find a “better way”.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage expectations.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Calm under pressure and able to juggle multiple projects.
- You will be enthusiastic, helpful and collaborative, and be seeking an environment where you can learn, develop, and actively contribute to the evolution of a key agency account.
- Ideally you would have been solid experience of working in a similar role in another agency.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
MediaCom is “The Content + Connections Agency”, working on behalf of its clients to leverage their brands’ entire system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels to step change their business outcomes.
Employing over 1,200 staff across 5 regional offices, MediaCom is the leading agency in the UK in terms of billings. Its client roster includes British Sky Broadcasting, DFS, GlaxoSmithKline, Tesco and Cancer Research UK.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do; we firmly believe in our “People First, Better Results” philosophy and want to be certain that work is always challenging, engaging and satisfying. We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training and development and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
We also strive to change traditional attitudes to workplace culture by offering a more holistic view of employees' aspirations. There are numerous initiatives for MediaCommers to take part in, from the Social Club to Mindfulness Training, to help ensure that our employees thoroughly enjoy their experience here.
We aim to be the only agency that talented people want to work for. We do this, not only by stimulating and challenging our people through great work and outstanding clients, but by providing a variety of learning programs, cultural initiatives and an exciting environment to invigorate our employees personal and professional career development.
MediaCom was named Campaign’s Agency of the Decade and received top marks in its 2016 School Report.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MediaComUK
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mediacomuk/?hl=en