POSTED 08 JAN 2021
Buying, Trading & Investment • Permanent (Full Time)
The role is for an AV Planner/Buyer to work across DLG, one of the biggest and most prestigious accounts at MediaCom. The successful candidate will be working closely with the Implementation, Investment and Communications Planning teams to deliver best in class AV and Radio plans, whilst ensuring the buying delivers against price and quality guarantees.
As part of the AV team, you will be a vital part of the system thinking at the agency, which leads our planning process. Understanding and developing AV and the digital transformation is fundamental to us delivering brilliant work for our clients and is behind much of our award-winning work. You will also work closely with planning specialists in other media to formulate connected responses, whilst applying a commercial filter to everything you do.
The work will be best in class, driving innovation and understanding how AV compliments and works alongside other media to deliver more successful media campaigns and ultimately drive better results.
Working on some of the biggest pieces of business at MediaCom, represents an incredible opportunity for an individual to shine and the nature of the work includes a wide range of brand building activity – this includes not only planning and buying across the breadth of AV and Radio channels but also fully integrated TV and Radio partnerships, understanding how TV and digital work together and offers the opportunity to work closely with other media specialists and our MBA team to develop award winning solutions with clear measurement and outcomes. There are plenty of challenges facing the business, meaning a very real opportunity to make a genuine difference.
Who does the role report into?
Due to the dual nature of this role you will report into two people;
- A planning manager, who is responsible for the client response to briefs. This role is to ensure that everything we recommend is founded in insight and yields the best result for the client.
- An investment manager, who is responsible for the delivery of campaigns, tracking and reporting of guarantees along side identifying and monetising commercial opportunities.
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- The opportunity to work on a prestigious client which is at the forefront of media (both implementational and commercial).
- You will be part of an industry leading AV planning and buying team, with best in class implementation at the heart.
- You will have the opportunity to work closely with specialists in other media to ensure joined up thinking and develop additional skill sets, with an emphasis on how incorporate digital transformation in broadcast media.
What are the measures of success?
- Responsibility and autonomy to deliver great campaigns from start to finish with minimal involvement from your manager or AD (planning and buying).
- Developed strong client relationships and attend external meetings.
- Have a good understanding of other media and the role of AV in the connected system.
- Working in a multi-media team to deliver connected responses and present back to the client.
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3-6 months?
- A good understanding of Mediacom’s planning and buying tools and data points and be able use them effectively to build rationale and buy campaigns successfully.
- Developed strong AV + Radio planning and buying skills.
What will you need?
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, curious AV specialist
- You should have experience of buying across AV. Radio and Cinema planning or buying would also be of benefit. No previous planning experience necessary as we would provide a full training programme to upskill the successful candidate, however, would be of benefit.
- We are looking for someone passionate about the opportunities that come from AV, data and technology.
- They will be eager to find insights to inform and back up their planning recommendations and proactively seek out learning opportunities to further develop their thinking.
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*