POSTED 08 JAN 2021
Data, Analytics & Insight • Permanent (Full Time)
Data & Tech Strategist
We’re looking for a Data & Tech Strategist to join the Tesco Group account within a brand-new data & analytics division known as ‘The Customer-first Team’.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that we innovate with and future proof Tesco’s ad tech and customer data use cases. The Data & Tech Strategist is the go-to expert on all digital campaign platforms and associated data sets including the best use of Tesco’s customer data in all addressable channels.
The role will be responsible for the implementation, utilisation and operation of Tesco’s key digital tech platforms. This includes advising on best use of tech and set up for current campaigns ensuring Tesco are making the most of latest techniques and capabilities. Application of knowledge of ongoing industry developments will ensure that Tesco’s tech set up is best in class now as well as in the future.
Tesco is Britain’s largest retailer turning over £50+ billion each year and operates in the fast-paced grocery sector – as well as in telecoms, banking and clothing – and has come to the forefront during the Coronavirus epidemic.
Who does the role report into?
You will report into the Data & Insight Director (Rachel Leaver) – and be part of the wider Systems Intelligence unit.
What are the 3 best things about the job?
- The people – you’ll work in a high performing, creative and ambitious team with a range of backgrounds, skills and experiences to learn from.
- The work – you’ll do industry leading work, help Tesco see the bigger picture through emerging first part analytics, and make their ambition to ‘make decisions powered by data’ a reality.
- Your development – in such a high-profile team and exciting future-facing analytics division will support your career development ambitions, with opportunities to learn from the most senior members of the agency and work on high profile campaigns.
What are the measures of success?
- Strategy: Accelerate Tesco’s data and ad tech expertise across planning and execution
- Planning: Accelerate the use of advanced analytics & insights within the planning process
- Thought leadership: The brainpower to problem solve your biggest measurement, data & tech challenges
- Buying: Help Tesco plan & buy to better outcomes
- Measurement: Stand over the rigour, learning agenda & roadmap across the account
What would you expect to achieve in the first 3 months?
- Embedded with the planning team to ensure strategy leads into right campaign set up, making the most of latest capabilities and techniques in current platforms
- Ensuring data collection (campaign KPIs) is tracking accurately across the variety of digital tools and platforms
- Successful project management of relevant tech or data integrations which are future proofed and privacy by design e.g. data partnership, use of clean rooms, better joining of CRM and paid media comms
- Accelerating use of Tesco’s customer data in new and emerging addressable channels
- Acting as the key conduit for all data specialist teams, working with your in-house insight experts alongside our planning departments to set innovative data solutions across all paid media channels
What will you need?
- Broad understanding of the paid media digital landscape
- Working knowledge of Ad servers, DSPs, DMPs, CDPs, Clean rooms
- Digital professional (e.g. performance/direct marketing, ad operations) with a good understanding of broader communications planning
- Ability to demonstrate creative and innovative solutions to business needs in an ever-changing industry
- Project management experience with multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven client handling skills
- CRM experience is desirable
At MediaCom, we believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom is the UK’s largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees based in 5 offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
We aim to ensure that that our employees’ skills are constantly evolving, and so provide all MediaCom staff with training, development plans and regular appraisals to enhance their performances and guarantee great results for them and the company.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. These include Sky, British Gas, Sony, Vauxhall, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company and Tesco.
MediaCom is Campaign’s Agency of the Decade (2009 and 2019), and WARC’s most effective agency in the world.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm.
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*