POSTED 04 FEB 2021
MediaCom - Programmatic, Biddable, Paid Media & SEO • Programmatic, Biddable, Paid Media & SEO • Full-Time
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Media Planner - Digital to join us. In this role, you will be working on an extremely challenging yet highly motivating client based out of Karachi. You will work closely with local and regional teams to devise digital strategies for a portfolio of brands.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Business Manager - Digital (MediaCom)
3 best things about the job:
- You get to work some of the largest clients in the country.
- Get to work closely with top publishers such as Google & Facebook.
- Get to explore new digital platforms for your campaigns.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Understand and manage client expectations and work on deliverables
- Independently manage the client and bring in new digital ideas for the client/brand portfolio.
In six months:
- Setting the digital way-forward for brands, setting the digital direction.
- New platform exploration and develop connected platform digital media solutions.
- Successfully pitch for new businesses.
In 12 months:
- Emerged as the contact person both internally and amongst clients for digital solutions.
- Become the team lead on the account.
- Showcase digital work done for awards.
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
- Develop and lead digital strategy and introduce innovative executions.
- Liaise with media partners to align objectives and strategies and provide input in negotiating and implementing digital media solutions.
- Oversee execution of media plans and help with implementation of new platforms. Be responsible for monthly spending.
- Develop reporting standards and track overall progress and target achievement.
- Maintain client relationships and drive digital agenda with client teams.
- Explore new platforms and maintain relationships with existing partners to get best deals as well as introduce new opportunities.
- Maintain client and partner relationships at appropriate levels.
What you’ll bring:
- Google Certified, (otherwise will need to be certified before the end of probation).
- Keen interest in digital and digital trends.
- Strong oral and written communication skills/ presentation skills and interpersonal skills.
- Go getter with a keen nature.
- Proven ability to take initiative, set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage multiple streams of work.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task in high pressure situations.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, especially with cross-disciplinary efforts.
- Candidate must possess at least a Master’s degree in Business Administration, or Marketing.
- 2 to 4 years exposure to experience in digital planning / marketing / media.
More about MediaCom
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2020 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Eurobest and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Groupe PSA, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
GroupM Pakistan is the leading global media investment management operation in Pakistan. We see major growth coming on Digital platforms with internet penetration growing to 87 million broadband users and 85 million 3G/4G subscribers.
Social media platforms have also grown substantially in Pakistan where Facebook stands at 34 million subscribers and Tik Tok has replaced Instagram to become the second most penetrated social platform. While the digitalization of the market is happening at a fast pace, it has also opened up opportunities for specializations like e-commerce, Digital Content, Video Planning solutions, Technology and Data & Analytics in Pakistan. GroupM Pakistan is a closely knit community where we value differences in opinions and thrive amidst this growth. Be a part of our dynamic team now!
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.