POSTED 13 JAN 2021
MediaCom - Comms & Strategic Planning • Comms & Strategic Planning • Full-Time
Objective of the role
Primarily own and lead the development and implementation of the regional strategy for the consumer segment (B2C) of a large technology company (Consumer Electronics and IT Infrastructure). This includes close collaboration and support of 4 major APJ markets, the design of the annual regional plan and the APJ local go-to-market strategies as well as its socialization, promotion and regional roll-out across both client and Mediacom organizations. This strategy must also be fully aligned with global strategy, thus its development requires cross-discipline collaboration.
As a second priority this role will also be involved in the strategy development of the B2B side of the business.
By nature, this role is strategically sitting at the intersection of regional and local client teams, global, regional and local MediaCom teams and partner agencies. And thus it requires leadership, proactivity, collaboration and agility.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Regional Director.
India, Japan, Australia, China
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively identify regional and local client needs.
- Lead and build strategic platforms (using local market intelligence) and POVs that can be adopted and adapted around the region; leverage global POVs for region where relevant
- Work with Mediacom local markets to adapt global guidance, and listen to local market pain points on global guidance and help adapt
- Ensure compliance with Mediacom and client global guidance & collaborate with Mediacom global team
- Meet with core markets on regular basis (TBD), provide regular updates to global and local directors (TBD), and escalate issues to global MC leadership (and client leadership) as necessary
- Help to address critical issues as they arise. Sample issues might be “Sales on the ecommerce site are lower than expected in Japan. Can you help us figure out why?” or “We want to launch a new computer for “PC gaming”, what media approach makes sense for ANZ?”
- Develop and maintain critical relationships with senior local clients (TBD)
- Collaborative leader – distributed leadership and collaboration, engaging with people of all levels and the ability the lead; coordination across the globe/markets
- May have small direct team or may need to be an individual contributor
Measures of success –
In three months:
- An understanding of the client’s product portfolio, position in market and an insight into their key competitors.
- Immersed yourself in learning all about this client and understanding their current state of business and future business ambitions.
- Met all of our key clients and agency teams and started building relationships them.
In six months:
- Become the strategy go-to-person for all large campaigns.
- Being Connected well with all local teams and have a standard cadence of strategy work flow.
- Started contributing to the wider digital department by championing our products and processes.
In 12 months:
- Become a trusted client partner and completely taken the lead on strategy within the client’s annual & quaterly planning process.
- Forecasted strategy trends and developed models for future strategy planning.
- Taken complete ownership of the client’s strategy planning relationship, including all of their data and tech partners.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Responsive – ability to jump in and respond to anything from big picture POVs to supply tactical plans/ideas
- Nimble – ability to be flexible and apply 80/20, has some self-driven hustle and sense of urgency
- Embrace ambiguity – deciphers and distills questions and answers
- Service mentality with client & across network; and proactive communications
- Innovation – revisiting/introducing new frameworks, principles, processes on a proactive basis
- Thoughtful – possess a POV across marketing, media, marcom, creative, messaging, etc.
- Business Maturity – ability to sit across the table and be a strategic partner/trusted advisor to senior clients
- Individual Contributor – ability to deliver and high level of accountability
- Follow through
Qualifications and Experience
- Background - Strategy, digital strategy, communications planning, new business/consulting
- Form - Experience delivering actionable strategies; good storytelling in verbal and written form
- Approach - Strong leadership qualities, attention to detail and delivery to deadlines.
- Flexibility - The job is regional so the candidate must have some flexibility in terms of time and location depending on the task. Regional travels will be required too.
- Strong experience in B2C needed. Some B2B experience desirable (small business or other).
- General interest in technology or tech category experience desirable.
- Asia experience, required and experience operating in more than one country in the region preferred
- Culture - Be a great example of our company behaviors – know it / push it / share it / do it.
- Style - Must be confident and approachable, helpful and easy to work with.
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
Founded in 1986 and established in Japan for over 10 years, we have grown to become 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We are proud to be recognised as the Japan Media Agency of the Year in both 2017 and 2018 with a Silver Award in 2019. With clients including Adidas, Mars, SK-II, Dell, The Coca-Cola Corporation, Cartier, IKEA, Peugeot and Citroen, working at MediaCom is a gateway to working with leading global brand organisations and connecting to people across the planet.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
Our focus is on providing long term, rewarding careers and we know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference and have built in flexibility that reflects the many different ways in which people work and succeed. And its why we actively encourage participation in our Global Mobility programme with opportunities to live and work around the world.
We are super connected and our employees contribute to and shape the working environment, from promoting work-life balance and well-being to organising team events and celebrations.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, connected and enthusiastic people in a stable and rewarding environment? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients, renowned brands and media owners.
As the largest media investment management company in Singapore with over 41% market share (Recma) and over 650 employees, GroupM Singapore is the premiere organisation to join and develop a career in.