POSTED 13 JAN 2021
MediaCom - Media Planning, Implementation & Activation • Media Planning • Full-Time
Overview of job
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Media Planner to join us.
In this role, you will be working one of MediaCom’s key global clients across B2B and B2C giving you broad exposure and opportunity to develop both skillsets. You will be key to ensure smooth account operations and coordination internally to deliver communication & digital planning recommendations. Externally where you will be looked upon in the team as the integrator of great ideas, nurturing strong client relationship as well as facilitating the relationship with other internal/external stakeholders.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Senior Digital Manager
3 best things about the job:
- The prospect of honing your skills in media planning/buying before you move on to lead and own a project
- The opportunity to learn on multi levels on a global brand where you will work with cross functional teams within a hugely vibrant work culture
- Be the person to take the extraordinary out of the ordinary and be the heart and soul of the brand you represent
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Demonstrate good understanding of the B2B & B2C media landscape and client’s business challenges
- Gain digital implementation skills across ad ops, campaign management and reporting for digital channels including Programmatic, Paid Social, Video, Native, etc
- Support B2B campaign operations to drive leads for clients
- Great understanding of our portfolio of clients
- Coordinate with global and local market counterparts for regular deliverables such as reports
In six months:
- Be the person whom the client goes to for day-to-day activities. Able to propose ideas and activities to answer identified challenges.
- Able to independently manage campaign operations with minimal supervision from client leads
- Gain global clients and global and local market team’s trust and confidence
In 12 months:
- Assist in leading a medium scale projects (identify need, formulate idea into plan, set the scope and present to various campaign leads)
- Develop strong relationships and fluid communication with local markets in order to ensure accurate information is supplied in a timely fashion
Responsibilities of the role:
- Key support to ensure smooth campaign operations & successful digital campaign execution
- Identify and implement media initiatives across multi-media platforms
- Understand the client’s market position to achieve optimal negotiations for clients
- Set viable objectives and KPIs, and recommend/develop measurement methodology against all briefs
- Ensure regular reporting is delivered on time and accurately
- Ensure that campaigns are tracked and measured based on agreed KPIs and media efficiencies
- Facilitate cross team learning and knowledge sharing
- With guidance to contribute to strategy development. This will include the ability to understand and interpret briefs and the application of insights to develop marketing and communications solutions
- Develop and build relationships with clients, acting as first point of contact on account requirements
- Work with internal specialist resources and group resources
- Develop strong working relationship with key agency and media partners. This will include acting as the first point of contact for operational issues
What you will need:
- Be a team player
- Be enthusiastic and proactive in getting involved
- A curious mind
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple projects at one time
- Good organisation skills
- Good knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Show interest & understanding of the media industry
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
Founded in 1986 and established in Japan for over 10 years, we have grown to become 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We are proud to be recognised as the Japan Media Agency of the Year in both 2017 and 2018 with a Silver Award in 2019. With clients including Adidas, Mars, SK-II, Dell, The Coca-Cola Corporation, Cartier, IKEA, Peugeot and Citroen, working at MediaCom is a gateway to working with leading global brand organisations and connecting to people across the planet.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
Our focus is on providing long term, rewarding careers and we know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference and have built in flexibility that reflects the many different ways in which people work and succeed. And its why we actively encourage participation in our Global Mobility programme with opportunities to live and work around the world.
We are super connected and our employees contribute to and shape the working environment, from promoting work-life balance and well-being to organising team events and celebrations.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, connected and enthusiastic people in a stable and rewarding environment? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom.
GroupM Singapore operates in one of the most dynamic and exciting environments in the world. Although it is a small domestic market, there is a vibrant media industry which is undergoing rapid evolution as digital technology reshapes the way marketing supports advertisers’ needs. Being at the crossroads of Asia means, that aside from the local clients and media owners, we also have a high proportion of multi-national clients, renowned brands and media owners. Making GroupM Singapore the Number One organisation to join and develop your career in media investment.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.