POSTED 18 DEC 2020
MediaCom - Media Planning, Implementation & Activation • Media Planning • Full-Time
MediaCom South Korea
Overview of job
MediaCom is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP.
GroupM is the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Senior Digital manager to join us. In this role, you will be responsible for the media planning of some client such as Uber that are handled by Mediacom across Korea and worldwide as well, with focus on Media strategy including offline, digital and activation
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to: Digital Planning Director
3 best things about the job:
1. Opportunity to work for one of the best accounts
2. Work on not only on media planning but also on digital planning with the marketing communication approach
3. Flexible work environment at International Media Agencies in Seoul, Korea
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Been brought up to speed on Mediacom servicing processes and best practices – you will be ready to face the world largest client with confidence.
- Been exposed to all related stakeholders, and you will start managing and offline media planning process against briefs from the designated client
- Been satisfactorily commented by internally and externally that you’re well on-boarded.
In six months:
- Stood as the dedicated Sr. media planner for the client.
- Begun to develop an incremental business pipeline for your clients.
In 12 months:
- Successfully serviced your respective client engagements, earning client compliment to another projects' worth of agency retainership
- Built out your incremental business pipeline with additional Mediacom products and service offerings
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
- Extensive experience in client communication and management
- Experience managing multiple brands/clients in a fast-paced environment
- Responsibility for all implementation briefs & to ensure plans are properly executed
- Ensure competitive reviews are properly executed and strategically relevant for the client
- Ensure presentations demonstrate key learning / insights and contribute to planning improvement
- Responsibility for efficient and accurate paperwork
- Initiate own projects/analyses that would be of benefit to clients
- Seek out and exploit opportunities with clients to strengthen relationships
What you’ll bring:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Korean
- Intermediate MS Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint
- Natural curiosity and desire to learn new media, trend, and technology
- Ability to analyse results
- Project management; ability to manage multiple projects across critical yet often fluctuating deadlines
- Strong analytical skills with consideration to company/client objectives
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7-10 years in digital planning experience required
- Knowledgeable about and experienced with the concepts, approaches and issues involved in tactical media planning
- Full digital experience cross different function such as Programmatic , SEM etc
- Knowledgeable about new approaches to and developments in tactical planning
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving
- Ability to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
- Strong Supervisory skills, demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to make decisions and use critical thinking
More about MediaCom
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators.
We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries.
We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, PSA, Richemont, Shell and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. We do this using our Systems Thinking approach to data, technology and creativity and design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business.
All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy.
We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients.
We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why our agencies are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we.
Welcome to MediaCom
About South Korea
GroupM Korea is the leading global media investment management operation in Korea. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies, MediaCom, MindShare and Wavemaker.
Its primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our shareholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions.